Attention Athlon USERS!

reptilej

Distinguished
May 3, 2001
i thoguht that might get your attention. what chipset do you use with your Athlons right now and what speeds are your athlons? i heard so many conflicting things about so many chipsets. i hate via and all the patches that need to be installed, what is the closest chipset to an intel for the Athlon that is low maintenence and high performance. and what brand motherboard is the best one for the chipset you recomend?

repeat after me, we are all individuals!

G

I have an Asus A7A266 w/ the ALiMAGiK 1 chipsets running a 1.2ghz Athlon. I love the board. I have had it for about 3 months and never had a problem. Only thing is the bios miscalculates the CPU temps, but that doesnt bother me. As far as performance, I'd bet it performs better or as well as any other board out there. I've heard I get higher fps in quake3 than a A7M266 w/ a 1.4ghz. As far as brand recommendation... I've never heard a negative word about Asus, and I cant say that I dont like the board. Except it seems big to me, I cant use my lower drive bay, but that might just be my case.