How to disable firewall warning. It won't go away!

a b 8 Security
September 30, 2004 7:17:10 PM

I have installed SP2. Because I have my own firewall I
disabled the firewall in SP2.
I selected "OFF"
I unchecked the boxes for my 2 ISP connections.
I checked "I have a firewall that I'll monitor myself".
In the "change the way security centre alerts me", i
unchecked the firewall.

Finally I had to disable the service for Security Centre.
This seems to be the only way to stop the irritating popup
warning about my firewall.

Has anybody else had this problem and is it wise to
disable the service??

John
October 1, 2004 7:09:35 AM

John Bonner wrote:
> I have installed SP2. Because I have my own firewall I
> disabled the firewall in SP2.
> I selected "OFF"
> I unchecked the boxes for my 2 ISP connections.
> I checked "I have a firewall that I'll monitor myself".
> In the "change the way security centre alerts me", i
> unchecked the firewall.
>
> Finally I had to disable the service for Security Centre.
> This seems to be the only way to stop the irritating popup
> warning about my firewall.
>
> Has anybody else had this problem and is it wise to
> disable the service??
>
> John

It is ok to disable the service.The service only monitors your AV and
firewall,which you can and should do yourself.
I use a third-party firewall but I also use Windows Firewall because it
loads before my other firewall.
-max

--
To help you stay safe see: http://www.geocities.com/maxpro4u/madmax.html
Change nomail.afraid.org to neo.rr.com so you can reply by e-mail

Thanks for the info.
I didn't think it was possible to use both firewalls as the same time. Does
your own firewall take over after booting (disabling Windows firewall) and
does having too firewalls use much extra resources?

John

news:p T37d.151748$787.101772@fe2.columbus.rr.com...

!