How to disable firewall warning. It won't go away!

I have installed SP2. Because I have my own firewall I
disabled the firewall in SP2.
I selected "OFF"
I unchecked the boxes for my 2 ISP connections.
I checked "I have a firewall that I'll monitor myself".
In the "change the way security centre alerts me", i
unchecked the firewall.

Finally I had to disable the service for Security Centre.
This seems to be the only way to stop the irritating popup
warning about my firewall.

Has anybody else had this problem and is it wise to
disable the service??

John
2 answers Last reply
More about disable firewall warning away

    John Bonner wrote:
    > I have installed SP2. Because I have my own firewall I
    > disabled the firewall in SP2.
    > I selected "OFF"
    > I unchecked the boxes for my 2 ISP connections.
    > I checked "I have a firewall that I'll monitor myself".
    > In the "change the way security centre alerts me", i
    > unchecked the firewall.
    >
    > Finally I had to disable the service for Security Centre.
    > This seems to be the only way to stop the irritating popup
    > warning about my firewall.
    >
    > Has anybody else had this problem and is it wise to
    > disable the service??
    >
    > John

    It is ok to disable the service.The service only monitors your AV and
    firewall,which you can and should do yourself.
    I use a third-party firewall but I also use Windows Firewall because it
    loads before my other firewall.
    -max

    --
    To help you stay safe see: http://www.geocities.com/maxpro4u/madmax.html
    Change nomail.afraid.org to neo.rr.com so you can reply by e-mail

    Thanks for the info.
    I didn't think it was possible to use both firewalls as the same time. Does
    your own firewall take over after booting (disabling Windows firewall) and
    does having too firewalls use much extra resources?

    John

    "madmax" <maxpro4u@nomail.afraid.org> wrote in message
    > John Bonner wrote:
    >> I have installed SP2. Because I have my own firewall I disabled the
    >> firewall in SP2. I selected "OFF"
    >> I unchecked the boxes for my 2 ISP connections.
    >> I checked "I have a firewall that I'll monitor myself".
    >> In the "change the way security centre alerts me", i unchecked the
    >> firewall.
    >>
    >> Finally I had to disable the service for Security Centre.
    >> This seems to be the only way to stop the irritating popup warning about
    >> my firewall.
    >>
    >> Has anybody else had this problem and is it wise to disable the service??
    >>
    >> John
    >
    > It is ok to disable the service.The service only monitors your AV and
    > firewall,which you can and should do yourself.
    > I use a third-party firewall but I also use Windows Firewall because it
    > loads before my other firewall.
    > -max
    >
    > --
    > To help you stay safe see: http://www.geocities.com/maxpro4u/madmax.html
    > This message is virus free as far as I can tell.
    > Change nomail.afraid.org to neo.rr.com so you can reply by e-mail
    > (nomail.afraid.org has been set up specifically for
    > use in Usenet. Feel free to use it yourself.)

Security Firewalls Internet Service Providers Windows XP