Windows XP upgrade

When trying to up date XP I get as a message "Windows
update has encountered an error and cannot display the
requusted page." How can I get the upgade insalled?
Thanks

Install SP2 from CD. Place your order here:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/updates/sp2/c
dorder/en_us/default.mspx
(Copy and paste entire address in Address Bar.)

turn on automatic updates and background intelligent
transfer service in services. Reboot then disable your
firewall and try again. If that doesn't work note the
error code on the failed update page (tiny light red print
top left corner) then click on the link for resolving
problems with updates and there should be another link to
go to if you have a specific error code.

I can't find services to turn on automatic updates and
background intelligent transfer service in services.
Where are these sevices?
Thanks

Go to Start > Run and type: MSCONFIG , and hit enter.
Under the General tab, check "Normal Startup - load all device drivers and services",
click "apply" and reboot.

How to configure and use Automatic Updates in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;306525&Product=wupd

Update for Background Intelligent Transfer Service
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=b93356b1-ba43-480f-983d-eb19368f9047&DisplayLang=en

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP