Windows XP upgrade

When trying to up date XP I get as a message "Windows
update has encountered an error and cannot display the
requusted page." How can I get the upgade insalled?
Thanks
4 answers Last reply
More about windows upgrade

    Install SP2 from CD. Place your order here:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/updates/sp2/c
    dorder/en_us/default.mspx
    (Copy and paste entire address in Address Bar.)

    turn on automatic updates and background intelligent
    transfer service in services. Reboot then disable your
    firewall and try again. If that doesn't work note the
    error code on the failed update page (tiny light red print
    top left corner) then click on the link for resolving
    problems with updates and there should be another link to
    go to if you have a specific error code.

    I can't find services to turn on automatic updates and
    background intelligent transfer service in services.
    Where are these sevices?
    Thanks

    Go to Start > Run and type: MSCONFIG , and hit enter.
    Under the General tab, check "Normal Startup - load all device drivers and services",
    click "apply" and reboot.

    How to configure and use Automatic Updates in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;306525&Product=wupd

    Update for Background Intelligent Transfer Service
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=b93356b1-ba43-480f-983d-eb19368f9047&DisplayLang=en

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

    "Bert w" wrote:

    | I can't find services to turn on automatic updates and
    | background intelligent transfer service in services.
    | Where are these sevices?
    | Thanks

Windows XP Microsoft Displays