Human Revolution performance

smithereen

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2008
Hello,

I've been out of the loop for a while as I had a very difficult university semester and a summer of long hours (and short pay). Now, I'm having trouble running Human Revolution - I have lag on low settings at 1080p, especially after loading. My rig is a Phenom II quad at 3.5GHz and an HD4870 (a little underclocked; it's dying slowly.) I'm considered an upgrade (and am still considering a GPU replacement), but a little digging suggested I shouldn't really be having lag at all. Any thoughts?

turn the rez down to 1280/720 the advantage of this is that the 4870 can struggle at 1080p and above on newer games. if you play at the lower rez the screen should upscale and while doing it will blur slightly meaning you may not have to use FSAA leading to even more potential performance.
there is a noticeable difference in the rez but if your on an entry level card your best off sacrificing screen size for extra gfx detail.

squareenixx

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2011

You have got that latest patch that decreases load time right. I think steam applies it automatically.

BTW I have a 5850 and can totally max it out but since your 4870 wouldn't be using tessellation and it has 1gb or memory right you should be able to max Deus Ex out I mean the games graphics aren't that extreme.

BTW I am enjoying Deus Ex it is a really nice game.