Sign in with
Your question

My video card does not support directx11

Last response: in Video Games
September 9, 2011 1:53:44 AM

Hello,
i have directx11 installed but my video card doesn't support it, how cn i get down to directx10. plz help
September 9, 2011 2:19:48 AM

Your operating system should already have the necessary DirectX files, but it is always a good idea to update to the latest version, especially as some DirectX 9.0c games can crash on the DirectX build that Vista and Windows 7 have as default.

m
l
a c 358 U Graphics card
September 9, 2011 2:36:54 AM

What video card do you have?

Just to make sure... which operating system are you using?
m
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
September 9, 2011 3:06:53 AM

if you have dx11 installed you already have dx10 as it comes with it... its also a more optimized version than the old dx10. you will still need to update your direct x for any game that requires it.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
September 9, 2011 11:04:15 AM

Just asking: Can you have DX11 'installed' if your GPU doesn't support it?

To the OP:
Could you provide us with the complete specifications of your system? CPU, GPU, OS, RAM? Like HEXiT said, if you have DX11, you'll already have DX10 included and it should be utilized by the GPU automatically.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
September 9, 2011 12:06:30 PM

lothdk said:
Your operating system should already have the necessary DirectX files, but it is always a good idea to update to the latest version, especially as some DirectX 9.0c games can crash on the DirectX build that Vista and Windows 7 have as default.

I agree. You can get them here.

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=35
m
l
September 10, 2011 7:12:43 PM

silent assassin said:
Hello,
i have directx11 installed but my video card doesn't support it, how cn i get down to directx10. plz help

All DX is backward compatible as they are more like build ons.

So simply you have DX10 in the DX11 just that your card supports 10 so 11 features won't be used.

I have a DX11 card but in all honesty the tessellation is pretty crappy in most games so your missing out on not much.
m
l
!