COMPUTER KEEPS SHUTTING DOWN SUDDENLY

Hello; Hope any of you can help me. A couple of days ago my computer got very
slow, especially the Yahoo messenger. I start typing and it takes a while for
me to be able to see what I type. It drives me crazy! Also, when I least
expect it, the computer shuts completely down, really fast!
I installed Spybot and it discovered more than 400 bad things in my computer
and I got rid of those. All my virus definitions are up to date and the
computer hasn't find any viruses, yet the problem persists. I tried
defragmenting the hard drive, but the computer keeps shutting down and it
won't let me do it. Yahoo is still very slow.
What can I do? Does anybody knows what's wrong with my computer? Can any of
you help?

Thanks in advance, and hope to hear from you soon!

Respectfully,
--
Carmen

Carmen;
Those "400 bad things" may have caused problems not resolved by simply
by uninstalling them.
Is there an error message as the computer shuts down?

Check for damaged/missing system files:
Start/Run
Type "sfc /scannow" ENTER
Follow prompts and have Windows XP CD available.

Also see this link to help prevent this in the future:
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/security.htm

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]

"carmen" <carmen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello; Hope any of you can help me. A couple of days ago my computer
> got very
> slow, especially the Yahoo messenger. I start typing and it takes a
> while for
> me to be able to see what I type. It drives me crazy! Also, when I
> least
> expect it, the computer shuts completely down, really fast!
> I installed Spybot and it discovered more than 400 bad things in my
> computer
> and I got rid of those. All my virus definitions are up to date and
> the
> computer hasn't find any viruses, yet the problem persists. I tried
> defragmenting the hard drive, but the computer keeps shutting down
> and it
> won't let me do it. Yahoo is still very slow.
> What can I do? Does anybody knows what's wrong with my computer? Can
> any of
> you help?
>
> Thanks in advance, and hope to hear from you soon!
>
> Respectfully,
> --
> Carmen

Your computer was severely compromised by spyware. Fixing that much damage
is bound to leave you with a seriously unstable system.

You should seriously consider backing up all your data and performing a
cleaninstall of Windows and all your other software.

Ted Zieglar