The Sims 3 res on netbook

Dustin_Broke

Distinguished
May 24, 2010
I know this has to do with the GraphicsRules.sgr file but I have a netbook and the best res for it is 1024x600. Now when I play this game it seems like it's not adjusted to fit the screen right since some things are too big and goes over the screen. I remember that someone told me that on The Sims 2 game that changing the res on the GraphicsRules.sgr file will make it fit to my screens and it did work. But there must be a way to do the same thing on The Sims 3 game also and I see a file called GraphicsRules.sgr on the game folder but I can't really find where to change the res so it will always display the game at 1024x600.

Maybe for The Sims 3 game they have settings changed differently than The Sims 2 game but all I know if for The Sims 2 game changing certain things on the GraphicsRule.sgr file like if max res for the game is 1600x1200 change it to 1024x600 makes it so you can set the res to what your screen is for the highest. I know for The Sims 2 game on my notebook that has a bigger screen I have it set to 1366x768 since that's the right res to fit my screen. I did the same was on my netbook for the same game and just instead of putting 1366x768 I put 1024x600 so it will fit right for my netbook. I just want to be able to set the right res for my netbook so it will show the screen right and objects don't look too fat or skinny etc.