EQ1 monk critical hits?

I went on my first-ever raid yesterday (helping my guild take down a mob
for the SK epic 2.0), and in going back over the logs to review the event
I noticed at one point I got a critical hit (for all of 35, whee). This
struck me as unusual, so I went back and checked my logs, and sure enough,
this appears to be the ONLY time my monk has gotten a critical hit. I'd
just sort of assumed that monks didn't ever do critical hits, frankly.

So now I have to wonder, what is it that led to me getting the crit? I
know that high DEX matters; I don't remember what my DEX was on the raid,
but it's usually 125 so was probably 195 due to Focus of the Seventh. Is
that all it takes to get crits, or could there have been other effects
going on that contributed?

-- Don.

-- Sukrasisx, Monk 47 on E. Marr Note: If you reply by mail,
-- Terrwini, Druid 36 on E. Marr I'll get to it sooner if you
-- http://www.iCynic.com/~don

<don-ns@iCynic.com> wrote:
> I went on my first-ever raid yesterday (helping my guild take down a mob
> for the SK epic 2.0), and in going back over the logs to review the event
> I noticed at one point I got a critical hit (for all of 35, whee). This
> struck me as unusual, so I went back and checked my logs, and sure enough,
> this appears to be the ONLY time my monk has gotten a critical hit. I'd
> just sort of assumed that monks didn't ever do critical hits, frankly.
>
> So now I have to wonder, what is it that led to me getting the crit? I
> know that high DEX matters; I don't remember what my DEX was on the raid,
> but it's usually 125 so was probably 195 due to Focus of the Seventh. Is
> that all it takes to get crits, or could there have been other effects
> going on that contributed?

You had the new enchanter haste. It adds a crit ability I believe.

Faned <faned@wyld.qx.net> writes:
> You had the new enchanter haste. It adds a crit ability I believe.

Hm, I did jot down all the buffs I had when the raid began (it being
my first raid I was sort of curious to look them up and see what they
did), and none of them added crits. It's possible an enchanter showed
up partway into the raid and added some buffs; I'll ask my guild if
that could've been it. Is there a Bard effect that adds crits, or are
the new enchanter buffs the only ones?

-- Don.

-- Sukrasisx, Monk 48 on E. Marr Note: If you reply by mail,
-- Terrwini, Druid 37 on E. Marr I'll get to it sooner if you
-- http://www.iCynic.com/~don

Don Woods <don-ns@iCynic.com> writes:
> Faned <faned@wyld.qx.net> writes:
> > You had the new enchanter haste. It adds a crit ability I believe.
>
> Hm, I did jot down all the buffs I had when the raid began (it being
> my first raid I was sort of curious to look them up and see what they
> did), and none of them added crits.

I found it. Had to sift through a few thousand lines of log getting
rid of the spam (starting by searching for lines that said "you"),
and finally noticed a place in the middle of the boss fight where I
was "blessed by the boon of the fateseer". I looked that up on Alla
and found it's a clicky effect from the Shaman epic 2.0; a 1-minute
buff that includes a chance for crits. So someone must've tossed
that into the mix during the battle.

Hm, speaking of group buffs, a related question: what does it mean
when a spell is described as target "group v1" or "group v2"? Does
that have to do with whether it's MGB-able or something? Having only
recently gotten a character into the high 40s I'm trying to learn more
about how the high-level buffs work.

"Don Woods" <don-ns@iCynic.com> wrote in message
> and finally noticed a place in the middle of the boss fight where I
> was "blessed by the boon of the fateseer". I looked that up on Alla
> and found it's a clicky effect from the Shaman epic 2.0; a 1-minute
> buff that includes a chance for crits. So someone must've tossed
> that into the mix during the battle.

Epic 1.5 effect actully

-m

Don Woods <don-ns@iCynic.com> wrote in news:7woehnws0b.fsf@ca.icynic.com:
> Hm, speaking of group buffs, a related question: what does it mean
> when a spell is described as target "group v1" or "group v2"? Does
> that have to do with whether it's MGB-able or something? Having only
> recently gotten a character into the high 40s I'm trying to learn more
> about how the high-level buffs work.

I believe one is targetable on other groups, one is self group only.

--
On Erollisi Marr in <Sanctuary of Marr>

On Steamfont in <Bane of Evil>
Graeme, 15 Dwarven Shaman, 13 Scholar