A7V-133- 1.4Ghz Problem

G

I just bought a Thunderbird 1.4Mhz CPU and installed it on my A7V-133 Raid motherboard I cannot even get a post. I turn the system on on the fan spins then the system cuts off leaving with a blinking Green Led light on the power button. I upgraded the bio's to the latest and still no post. My 850MHz Thunderbird works fine, no problem their.
I even reset the bio's to default still no post.

Can Anybody help me with this problem.

System
Motherboard:A7V-133 Raid
Memory:448Megs
Video:Gforce 32 Megs
HD: 30 Gigs
Sound:SBlaster 128

G

I set the switches to Jumperless mode per Page 18-23. In the Jumper mode DSW are set to 133MHZ and 10.5 Multiplyer, and set the JEN to Pin 1 and 2. Still same problem. I Cannot even get a post when I power the system on, and the Unfortunatly the system powers down after about 15 seconds, and I'm left with a Blinking Green LED light once system cuts off.

I'm getting kind of desperate now. Any suggestions anyone ??????

G

It sure sounds like a power supply problem. A 1.4ghz AMD cpu and a raid setup needs alot of power.

evil_homer

Distinguished
May 29, 2001
You didn't say if you are getting any beeps from the board. If your not try looking at your internal speaker and make sure that it is plugged in correctly. If it is an obivious problem then this will shed some light on it. If all is well with your speaker and you still are no closer then I would suggest re-sitting you processor (make sure you have the heat sink and fan on correctly) RAM and then video card, and try booting up with only the bare nessitity's IE the things I just listed. Even without any drives you should still be able to get it to post. And of course your power supply. I agree in that it sounds like it might be a power supply problem. Anything below a 250 watt power supply might be the culpret.
Good luck.

Keyboard not found press F5 to continue