boot drive primary

I would like to make my slave (new, big, fast HDD) the
primary boot device on a HP computer that came with
windows XP and a recovery partition preinstalled on the
present primary HDD (slow). Is it possible?
1 answer Last reply
More about boot drive primary

    You can do that but Windows won't start. As it is now everything points to
    it being on drive C:. Adding that new drive and making it the primary boot
    drive will force the drive Windows is now on to become drive D: and,
    therefore, Windows won't start because of the drive letter change.

    But, the hard drive manufacturer usually provides software that will allow
    you to move things around so that Windows will think it is still on C:. Did
    you get a CD or floppy with the new drive? If not check the manufacturer's
    web site.

    "stevienicks" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I would like to make my slave (new, big, fast HDD) the
    > primary boot device on a HP computer that came with
    > windows XP and a recovery partition preinstalled on the
    > present primary HDD (slow). Is it possible?

Boot Hard Drives Windows XP