Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Battlefield 3 Alpha benchmarks leaked

Tags:
  • PC gaming
  • Battlefield
  • Graphics Cards
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
Share
September 10, 2011 5:42:37 AM

http://gamegpu.ru/Action-/-FPS-/-TPS/Battlefield-3-Alph...

40-60 fps on 1920x1080/DX11 with a single enthusiast-level graphics card.

I've got two HD 5870's in CF. So on my end, I should have similar performance to BFBC2.

I thought BF3 was going to be a system killer like Crysis.

Frostbite 2.0 is basically the BFBC2 engine with a major graphical and audio facelift.

More about : battlefield alpha benchmarks leaked

a c 120 U Graphics card
September 11, 2011 6:30:20 AM

it's only alpha stage, hasn't reached beta yet. did I see a 6core processor there ? ( and is this even real ? ) even early on I got the impression that this game should finally put the COD series in the grave.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
September 11, 2011 8:54:53 AM

i played the alpha using fraps to get my fps and maxed out @1080p i was getting 59-75fps x4 fsaa...
problem was there seemed no difference between high and low settings apart from AA so i think that the ingame settings may have actually set to medium and adjusting the high low settings did nothing from what i could see.
i could also see any dx11 only settings. so no tessellation over all the impression i got was the alpha was missing a lot that will hopefully be on in the final version.
when i played it still looked cartoonish not the photorealistic we have been told will be the finished product.
m
0
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
September 11, 2011 7:49:58 PM

HEXiT said:
i played the alpha using fraps to get my fps and maxed out @1080p i was getting 59-75fps x4 fsaa...
problem was there seemed no difference between high and low settings apart from AA so i think that the ingame settings may have actually set to medium and adjusting the high low settings did nothing from what i could see.
i could also see any dx11 only settings. so no tessellation over all the impression i got was the alpha was missing a lot that will hopefully be on in the final version.
when i played it still looked cartoonish not the photorealistic we have been told will be the finished product.

This is why i constantly repeat the fact that we will not know what the game will play like until it comes out or they release a legit SP demo with all the bells and whistles. There are a tons of people that wont identify these facts that Hexit has (thank you btw) and will go into the " can i run it max" threads telling people yes without any real proof of what the game really has to offer in terms of settings just because they played the alpha, which is confirmed that the settings were really weak.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
September 14, 2011 12:56:22 PM

It's just an open discussion mate! A lot of people are waiting and merely speculating in the meanwhile. Agreed, until something solid is released one cannot get accurate details. But no harm in trying to get additional info, right?:) 
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
September 14, 2011 2:52:25 PM

i think a mod needs to sticky a BF3 thread in the meantime to alleviate the flow of these threads, and just condense it into one
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
September 14, 2011 2:54:30 PM

Now that, I agree with you! :) 
m
0
l
September 15, 2011 3:51:58 AM

FlintIronStagg said:
This is why i constantly repeat the fact that we will not know what the game will play like until it comes out or they release a legit SP demo with all the bells and whistles. There are a tons of people that wont identify these facts that Hexit has (thank you btw) and will go into the " can i run it max" threads telling people yes without any real proof of what the game really has to offer in terms of settings just because they played the alpha, which is confirmed that the settings were really weak.


According to the system requirements, BF3 should be only slightly harder on hardware than BFBC2.

The Frostbite engine 2.0 is the BFBC2 engine with an enormous physics, graphical, and audio facelift. The new engine is extremely well-coded and optimized.

Two enthusiast-level cards in SLI or CFX should handle BF3 on 1920x1080/DX11/max spec and average 40-60 fps. AA might slow the game down a bit. AA/AF might noticeably slow down the game a bit.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
September 15, 2011 5:16:07 AM

ambam said:
According to the system requirements, BF3 should be only slightly harder on hardware than BFBC2.

The Frostbite engine 2.0 is the BFBC2 engine with an enormous physics, graphical, and audio facelift. The new engine is extremely well-coded and optimized.

Two enthusiast-level cards in SLI or CFX should handle BF3 on 1920x1080/DX11/max spec and average 40-60 fps. AA might slow the game down a bit. AA/AF might noticeably slow down the game a bit.

So you base this on what? So slightly higher than bfbc2 is using enthusiast cards in sli? Just wait till the game comes out and we will see, I fail to see how you know how optimized the final product will be with nothing to base it on but some leaked requirements
m
0
l
September 17, 2011 7:41:45 PM

All I know is that this game is lining up to be pretty sweet! Hopefully game play is like all those videos they keep showing us.
m
0
l
September 24, 2011 4:07:11 AM

ambam said:

Two enthusiast-level cards in SLI or CFX should handle BF3 on 1920x1080/DX11/max spec and average 40-60 fps. AA might slow the game down a bit. AA/AF might noticeably slow down the game a bit.


Forgive me but... this is the dumbest comment I read so far about the game requirements...
How the heck is suppose to be "slightly" harder on hardware then BFBC2 ? I play BC2 with gtx 580 max settings, 1920x1080 with 90-110 fps.
m
0
l
September 25, 2011 12:57:53 AM

-ken- said:
Forgive me but... this is the dumbest comment I read so far about the game requirements...
How the heck is suppose to be "slightly" harder on hardware then BFBC2 ? I play BC2 with gtx 580 max settings, 1920x1080 with 90-110 fps.


Frostbite 2.0 is the BFBC2 engine with an enormous physics, graphics, and audio facelift. It will be significantly more demanding than BC2.
m
0
l
September 25, 2011 6:39:49 AM

ambam said:
Frostbite 2.0 is the BFBC2 engine with an enormous physics, graphics, and audio facelift. It will be significantly more demanding than BC2.


And how do you know that ? are you 1 of the game developers ?
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
September 25, 2011 3:24:02 PM

-ken- said:
And how do you know that ? are you 1 of the game developers ?

how do you know it isn't? The game will be out soon enough, for now its anyone guess as to how the finished product will run. Typically recommended requirements don't mean maxed as well for any game
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
September 25, 2011 4:39:28 PM

ambam said:
Frostbite 2.0 is the BFBC2 engine with an enormous physics, graphics, and audio facelift. It will be significantly more demanding than BC2.


from what i have heard.... the physics engine has been completely rehauled and improved and broadened and that is the main reason that a quad core is recommended. but your right there was major face lifts
m
0
l
!