Upgrade Laptop to XP Pro?

I have a Compaq R3120US that came with XP Home. I already own the XP Pro
upgrade and would like to install it on the laptop. Compaq says I can't do
it because the drivers they provide are for XP Home only. Sounds like a
bunch of bunk to me. I think they just want me to buy from them. Is their
claim possible?

Thanks in advance... Bob

I haven't heard of drivers for Windows XP Home not working on the
Professional version . They are almost similiar Operating Systems . You can
go ahead and try it out , but do a full backup of your files before you
proceed .

"Bob Newman" <bobnewman@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
>I have a Compaq R3120US that came with XP Home. I already own the XP Pro
> upgrade and would like to install it on the laptop. Compaq says I can't
> do
> it because the drivers they provide are for XP Home only. Sounds like a
> bunch of bunk to me. I think they just want me to buy from them. Is
> their
> claim possible?
>
> Thanks in advance... Bob

there probably right - they designed the thing - however you could try the
upgrade anyway and uninstall it when it doesn't support all the devices :)
good luck
Alasdair

OMG is this true ?

Then i guess i get the same problem on this Pavilion
ze4900 delivered with Home edition, ive upgraded to
Profession, but when i try to do a windows update i get
error 0x80244010 when i scans my PC.

> [...]

probable solution uninstall xp pro upgrade
Alasdair