Captured hard drive

ted

Distinguished
May 25, 2001

I have a 80g hard drive with some 70g apparently used.
However my analysis of the files shows only 6g used.
Something has captured the rest of the drive. How do I
find out what it is and how to get rid of it.

"Ted" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
|I have a 80g hard drive with some 70g apparently used.
| However my analysis of the files shows only 6g used.
| Something has captured the rest of the drive. How do I
| find out what it is and how to get rid of it.

SequoiaView is an excellent free (and clean) utility to track down
mysterious missing drive space.

It provides a one window graphical representation of which files are taking
up how much space where on a drive, often tracking down files that Windows
is reluctant to reveal.

http://www.win.tue.nl/sequoiaview/

(It's kinda fun too) :)

I'm not an MVP a VIP nor do I have ESP.
I was just trying to help.
advice herein.
No warranty is expressed or implied.
Your mileage may vary.
See store for details. :)

Remove shoes to E-mail.

Gordon

"Ted" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a 80g hard drive with some 70g apparently used.
> However my analysis of the files shows only 6g used.
> Something has captured the rest of the drive. How do I
> find out what it is and how to get rid of it.

Where are you getting the information that 70GB are used and how are you
"analysing" the file sizes to be only 6GB?