Sign in with
Your question

Whether SKYRIM be the most demanding game for PC?

Last response: in Video Games
September 10, 2011 6:28:05 PM

What do you think? Whether SKYRIM be the most demanding game for PC? :sarcastic: 

More about : skyrim demanding game

September 10, 2011 8:25:43 PM

skymen said:
What do you think? Whether SKYRIM be the most demanding game for PC? :sarcastic: 

Most probably, not.
September 10, 2011 8:36:18 PM

skymen said:

Not at all.
Related resources
September 11, 2011 1:24:44 AM

These days, it seems that the most demanding games for PC, are not the most graphically intense, but the most poorly optimized. Skyrim is being produced by a studio full of veteran programmers who are in league with John Carmack, in other words, it WILL be optimized. Also, the screens we're seeing from Skyrim don't appear to be that graphically intense compared to games like Battlefield 3. In other words, there's no way that Skyrim will be the most demanding game for PC's.
September 11, 2011 8:19:44 AM

I agree with PRIOX that Bethesda have a good programers ( I hope they do a good job with Skyrim optimization)... But, which rank in the game you think Skyrim will be required?
September 11, 2011 12:11:46 PM

It would be uncharacteristic of Bethesda to design a game which requires an uber system for their games to run smoothly based on their track record.
September 13, 2011 6:10:48 PM

But can anyone say...With which the game by demanding SKYRIM can be compared? I think on the PC? Witcher 2: Assassin Of Kings maybe?
September 13, 2011 6:23:16 PM

I saw the videos, and it doesn't look that demanding at all.
September 13, 2011 6:28:12 PM

Wait until it comes out. Then comparisons can be made. Why are you asking?
September 13, 2011 6:45:49 PM

You could check this link for an educated guess. You will have to log in, or create a profile to actually compare your hardware for a resolution higher than 1280x1024 though.
September 13, 2011 7:26:32 PM

No it won't be all that demanding. The minimum requirements will be quite modest of course since Skyrim has to run on an XBox 360. Bethesda has gone on record saying that there will be no DirectX11 support or features in Skyrim. Without DX11 there is no way any game will be as demanding as Crysis 2 with the DX11 patch or Metro 2033.
September 14, 2011 12:01:41 AM

They are on record saying that it will run on similar hardware as the last one.
September 14, 2011 7:39:57 AM

You think on OBLIVION??? No!!! Skyrim will be Very required than Oblivion.
September 14, 2011 7:50:23 AM

By Game Debate (Eldd is give me a link) I can play Skyrim on Medium to High. I dont know is that true...
September 14, 2011 3:26:27 PM

It has to play on the same consoles as Oblivion, what makes you think it will be more demanding?
September 14, 2011 3:27:26 PM

they might have a few more hi res options for pc and such but it should run about the same being a console port. Maybe even a little more optimized.
September 14, 2011 4:13:21 PM

According to the requirements listed for the game :

Quote:
Minimum System Requirements

* CPU: Core 2 Duo 2.0 GHz or Althon X2 2.0 GHz
* RAM: 3 GB
* HDD: 15 GB
* Graphics: 512 MB card
* Sound Card: DirectX 9 Compatible
* DirectX: Version 9.0c

Recommended System Requirements

* CPU: Core 2 Quad 3 GHz
* RAM: 3 GB
* HDD: 15 GB free disk space
* Graphics: 512 MB Graphics Memory
* Sound Card: DirectX 9 Compatible
* DirectX: Version 9.0c

Supported Graphics Cards:

Minimum – 8800 GT
Recommanded – Geforce GTX 460/Radeon 5850

So as long as you have beter than an 8800 GT you should be able to run the game fairly decently at mediumish settings -- which is fairly similar to what Oblivion required !
September 14, 2011 6:49:04 PM

Oblivion is the past 5 years. Just look at the graphic of Skyrim. Texture, shading, clear that the distance... The graphich are improved through. I played Oblivion on MAX. By your words, one who has played Oblivion on MAX, can a Skyrim. I do not agree exactly with those. ???
September 14, 2011 7:42:18 PM

skymen said:
Oblivion is the past 5 years. Just look at the graphic of Skyrim. Texture, shading, clear that the distance... The graphich are improved through. I played Oblivion on MAX. By your words, one who has played Oblivion on MAX, can a Skyrim. I do not agree exactly with those. ???

They have optimized the engine over the one usd for Oblivion -- and improved the graphics a bit but overall the requirements will be about the same as they were for Oblivion -- the improved graphics are offset by the engine optimizations -- figure it is still able to run on the 360 and PS3 so the requirements can not be that much higher than they were for Oblivion.
September 15, 2011 5:21:47 AM

JDFan said:
They have optimized the engine over the one usd for Oblivion -- and improved the graphics a bit but overall the requirements will be about the same as they were for Oblivion -- the improved graphics are offset by the engine optimizations -- figure it is still able to run on the 360 and PS3 so the requirements can not be that much higher than they were for Oblivion.

+1
September 15, 2011 5:45:04 PM

Does anyone know, if Bethesda will release official PC requirments before leaving the game? In October maybe?...
!