Delayed start-up

I recently had a message each time I booted saying that
my profile was corrupt. Using the information I found in
the knowledge base I created a new profile and copied the
contents from the old into the new. This went fine but
every time I get into Windows now it loads most of the
things that it should at start-up but when it goes to
load McAfee Antivirus: the shield appears in the middle
of the screen as it should but it normally disappears in
a second or so. It stays there for about 2 to 3 minutes.
I can get on with some things while the PC is like this
but some I cannot. Device manager won't open for example.
When McAfee finally loads everything works perfectly.
By the way, I have un-installed and re-installed Mcafee
and have the same problem. I have tried disabling all
other programs from starting aswell. But I didn't think
it would help anyway as it seems to be a windows problem.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Wayne

Larry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Maybe you should post this in mcafee support group :

http://forums.mcafeehelp.com/viewtopic.php?p=167752