Getting incorrect "low disk space" warning (disk is not fu..

I repeatedly get a bubble pop-up that says "low disk
space." At this time the computer actually shows that the
disk is full and acts like it is, but upon rebooting, the
disk shows its true storage, which is not full. This
happens repeatedly and so i must reboot many times per day.

can anyone help?
thank you
5 answers Last reply
More about getting incorrect disk space warning disk

    Here's a microsoft link about it and how to get rid of
    it :

    http://windows.about.com/gi/dynamic/offsite.htm?
    site=http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx%3Fscid=kb%
    3BEN%2DUS%3Bq285107

    I have the same problem, and removing the bubble is no solution since the OS
    behaves like the disk is full with or without the bubble...

    the disk seems to me filing up with i dont know what, reboting resets the
    free disk sise to its true sise

    I have a 10gb disk and on start 3gb are free, about 5 hours later i have no
    free disk space...why? dunno.

    "sjm" wrote:

    > I repeatedly get a bubble pop-up that says "low disk
    > space." At this time the computer actually shows that the
    > disk is full and acts like it is, but upon rebooting, the
    > disk shows its true storage, which is not full. This
    > happens repeatedly and so i must reboot many times per day.
    >
    > can anyone help?
    > thank you

    Luis: What you are experiencing is typical of a virus or spyware. The
    infection gradually fills your RAM and/or hard disk with its files until you
    run out of space. You can regain the space by re-booting, but then the
    virus/spyware gets to work again. We see this problem every day in these
    groups.

    --
    Ted Zieglar

    "Luís" <Lus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I have the same problem, and removing the bubble is no solution since the
    OS
    > behaves like the disk is full with or without the bubble...
    >
    > the disk seems to me filing up with i dont know what, reboting resets the
    > free disk sise to its true sise
    >
    > I have a 10gb disk and on start 3gb are free, about 5 hours later i have
    no
    > free disk space...why? dunno.
    >

    > "sjm" wrote:
    >
    > > I repeatedly get a bubble pop-up that says "low disk
    > > space." At this time the computer actually shows that the
    > > disk is full and acts like it is, but upon rebooting, the
    > > disk shows its true storage, which is not full. This
    > > happens repeatedly and so i must reboot many times per day.
    > >
    > > can anyone help?
    > > thank you

    Thank you Ted :)

    I used Microsoft recomended PC Cillin Internet security 2005
    antivirus/firewall solution. No threats detected.

    Using a free online scaner found me 36 infected files.

    w32/sober.I.worm
    w32/Zafi.D.worm

    If my costumer opinion is of any value to MS, id recomend they review their
    partnership with this company.

    "Ted Zieglar" wrote:

    > Luis: What you are experiencing is typical of a virus or spyware. The
    > infection gradually fills your RAM and/or hard disk with its files until you
    > run out of space. You can regain the space by re-booting, but then the
    > virus/spyware gets to work again. We see this problem every day in these
    > groups.
    >
    > --
    > Ted Zieglar
    >

    > "Luís" <Lus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > I have the same problem, and removing the bubble is no solution since the
    > OS
    > > behaves like the disk is full with or without the bubble...
    > >
    > > the disk seems to me filing up with i dont know what, reboting resets the
    > > free disk sise to its true sise
    > >
    > > I have a 10gb disk and on start 3gb are free, about 5 hours later i have
    > no
    > > free disk space...why? dunno.
    > >

    > > "sjm" wrote:
    > >
    > > > I repeatedly get a bubble pop-up that says "low disk
    > > > space." At this time the computer actually shows that the
    > > > disk is full and acts like it is, but upon rebooting, the
    > > > disk shows its true storage, which is not full. This
    > > > happens repeatedly and so i must reboot many times per day.
    > > >
    > > > can anyone help?
    > > > thank you

    OK, now we're cookin'. Something to keep in mind: Only have one antivirus
    program installed on your computer at a time. Having more than one actually
    makes your computer more susceptible to infection, not less.

    It sounds like you'll be following manual removal instructions. Do so with
    great care and create a restore point before you start.

    --

    > Thank you Ted :)
    >
    > I used Microsoft recomended PC Cillin Internet security 2005
    > antivirus/firewall solution. No threats detected.
    >
    > Using a free online scaner found me 36 infected files.
    >
    > w32/sober.I.worm
    > w32/Zafi.D.worm
    >
    > If my costumer opinion is of any value to MS, id recomend they review
    their
    > partnership with this company.
    >
    > "Ted Zieglar" wrote:
    >
    > > Luis: What you are experiencing is typical of a virus or spyware. The
    > > infection gradually fills your RAM and/or hard disk with its files until
    you
    > > run out of space. You can regain the space by re-booting, but then the
    > > virus/spyware gets to work again. We see this problem every day in these
    > > groups.
    > >
    > > --
    > > Ted Zieglar
    > >

    > > "Luís" <Lus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > > I have the same problem, and removing the bubble is no solution since
    the
    > > OS
    > > > behaves like the disk is full with or without the bubble...
    > > >
    > > > the disk seems to me filing up with i dont know what, reboting resets
    the
    > > > free disk sise to its true sise
    > > >
    > > > I have a 10gb disk and on start 3gb are free, about 5 hours later i
    have
    > > no
    > > > free disk space...why? dunno.

Disk Space Microsoft Windows XP