Windows update error message

When I try to install Windows Update, I get the following
error message:

Windows Update has encountered an error and cannot
display the requested page. [Error number: 0x80072EFD]

I haven't seen this error on any of the help pages. I'm
using XP Home edition with SP1.

"Hi,
I had the same problem with windows updates and tried all
the remedies posted on umpteen replies and none worked.
I then found while scouring the net this piece of
information of which - BINGO - it worked! (not sure if
its in the forum anywhere but here it is anyway)"

------

Re-register the WU components:
1. Quit all programs that are running.
2. Click Start, and then click Run.
3. Type "regsvr32 wuapi.dll" (without the quotation
marks), and then click OK.
4. When you receive the "DllRegisterServer in urlmon.dll
succeeded" message, click OK.
If this does not resolve the problem, repeat inputting
the following commands and click OK after each command.
regsvr32 wuaueng.dll
regsvr32 wuaueng.dll
regsvr32 wuauserv.dll
regsvr32 wucltui.dll
regsvr32 wups.dll
regsvr32 wuweb.dll
regsvr32 iuengine.dll

------

"A couple of these regsvr32's did not register but I
ignored them and as I
stated it still corrected the problem.
I sincerely hope it helps anyone who is going nuts trying
to sort the
problem out!"

Regards
Gaz