Hard Drive Memory Problems

Hello,
I have no space left on my hard drive -- from a 53GB hard drive I have 578MB
left.
I design and use digital images in my work.
I Defrag regularly and do the necessary maintenance requirements

I have deleted files no longer needed
I have emptied Recycle bin
Used disk clean up
temp files deleted
Scanned for viruses.

Yet still when I go to owners folder I have 43GB used.
Having gone through each folder found in the owners folder - cookies,
desktop, favourites, my documents etc, and checking on the properties in no
way should the total of these files fill my hard drive

The largest file is My Documents at 4.3GB

I hope that someone can put me straight and help me out. Thanks

Patbatch

Thanks for the response.
I have just added up programs they come to a little over 2.6GB
What do you think I could do next?