Windows XP Undate doesnt work

casey

When I run Windows XP update, I see a window at
http://v5.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/v5consumer/default.a
spx?ln=en-us that says:

"Checking for the latest version of the Windows Update
software...

Depending on your connection speed, this might take a
minute. During this time, you may receive one or more
security warnings. Review each security warning to ensure
that the content is signed by Microsoft, and then click
Install or Yes to install the software."

I have waited numerious times at times for over 30 min.
and nothing happens. I don't get a
report, like I used to, telling me what critical updates,
etc. are available for my system.

This started in August and continues. Doees anyone have
any idea why this is not working anymore? I've reset my
Internet Tools/Security to the default settings.

Thanks

Try https://v4.windowsupdate.com and select Windows Update from menu.
This works for me. Some folks who have SP2 installed can use the v5
link but SP1 machines can't.

--
ciccaj

Grrr. What I meant to say was "https://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com"