drive is not accessible. access denied.

steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003

Have Win XP, two hardrives patitioned with Partition
Magic 6.0. Master crashed. Knew I was having a problem,
so I moved all data to slave. Revived master, but now I
am getting an "Access Denied" message when I try to
access data from partitioned slave. Bios and explorer and
Magic sees the hardware and the drives. Please tell me
there is a solution that does not require losing my data.
HELP!
Thank you very much.

Version 6 of Partition Magic is not compatible with Windows XP. You may have
done permanent damage to your system. The current version of Partition Magic
is 8, although version 7 also works with XP.

My suggestion is to backup everything and do a clean install of Windows and
all the rest of your software.

Ted Zieglar