drive is not accessible. access denied.

Have Win XP, two hardrives patitioned with Partition
Magic 6.0. Master crashed. Knew I was having a problem,
so I moved all data to slave. Revived master, but now I
am getting an "Access Denied" message when I try to
access data from partitioned slave. Bios and explorer and
Magic sees the hardware and the drives. Please tell me
there is a solution that does not require losing my data.
HELP!
Thank you very much.
1 answer Last reply
More about drive accessible access denied

    Version 6 of Partition Magic is not compatible with Windows XP. You may have
    done permanent damage to your system. The current version of Partition Magic
    is 8, although version 7 also works with XP.

    My suggestion is to backup everything and do a clean install of Windows and
    all the rest of your software.

    Ted Zieglar

    "Steve" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Have Win XP, two hardrives patitioned with Partition
    > Magic 6.0. Master crashed. Knew I was having a problem,
    > so I moved all data to slave. Revived master, but now I
    > am getting an "Access Denied" message when I try to
    > access data from partitioned slave. Bios and explorer and
    > Magic sees the hardware and the drives. Please tell me
    > there is a solution that does not require losing my data.
    > HELP!
    > Thank you very much.

Windows XP