Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Crysis low fps

Last response: in Video Games
Share
September 13, 2011 2:25:18 AM

alright, i dont know if this is the right place to put this but, i am having an issue with crysis 1 (2007), my average FPS is only about 36 FPS most setting on low and resolution 1024x768 AA off

I currently have;
AMD phenom II x4 3.2 Ghz
Biostar A7700E3
G-Skill ripjaws 8Gb (4Gb x2) ddr3
Nvidia geforce 9400 GT ddr2

now i think my issue may be somewhere in the OS, im running Windows 7 64bit and it may be some compatibility issue but im really not sure

I am also running it in DX9 which is getting me a few extra FPS, roughly 10 or so but thats when i get the 36 fps

If anybody can help me to resolve this i would be so grateful

More about : crysis low fps

September 13, 2011 3:17:40 AM

Man ur gpu is way too low for these kind of games, please change it, :) 
m
0
l
September 13, 2011 3:17:55 AM

goldrush8 said:
alright, i dont know if this is the right place to put this but, i am having an issue with crysis 1 (2007), my average FPS is only about 36 FPS most setting on low and resolution 1024x768 AA off

I currently have;
AMD phenom II x4 3.2 Ghz
Biostar A7700E3
G-Skill ripjaws 8Gb (4Gb x2) ddr3
Nvidia geforce 9400 GT ddr2

now i think my issue may be somewhere in the OS, im running Windows 7 64bit and it may be some compatibility issue but im really not sure

I am also running it in DX9 which is getting me a few extra FPS, roughly 10 or so but thats when i get the 36 fps

If anybody can help me to resolve this i would be so grateful


Your main problem in this case is not the OS, but your graphic card.
m
0
l
Related resources
September 13, 2011 6:22:05 AM

Agreed with the other members.
Your GPU needs some real time upgrading. The rest of the specs are up to mark.

We can suggest you a good one too, if you're willing to change it. :) 
m
0
l
September 13, 2011 12:51:00 PM

Alright, was afraid of that. My friend is sending me an ati with 1gb ddr5 soon enough. I can't remember exact model name though when I find it I'll post it and so you guys can check out if it'll get me what I'm looking for which is as close to max settings as I can get.

Oh and thank you guys for taking time to help me :) 
m
0
l
September 13, 2011 12:58:51 PM

Anytime :) 
m
0
l
September 13, 2011 3:53:40 PM

You are welcome. :) 
m
0
l
September 14, 2011 8:35:02 PM

alright so i found out which card it is, its the same one eldd has, the ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB DDR 5 im not sure if its the HIS or who makes the cooler but its the ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB DDR 5. with all my other stuff will this new graphics card be able to get me at least to a 1600x900 with high settings? keep in mind im getting this for free so this is always replaceable if need be.
m
0
l
September 14, 2011 8:55:38 PM

I would say that it should be able to do high settings at that resolution. I remember playing crysis with my old comoponents, e6600 core 2 duo @3ghz and a 4870 and being able to run it on high with 2xaa and get 40fps. This was at 1680x1050.

One thing that you want to make sure of though is that your power supply can handle the new card, since it will require a lot more watts of power than your 9400gt.
m
0
l
September 14, 2011 11:18:35 PM

akhtar88 said:
Man ur gpu is way too low for these kind of games, please change it, :) 


That's bullshit. I played crysis on my 8800gts just fine back in the day. It didn't run on maximum settings but It had a decent framerate on the Gamer settings.
m
0
l
September 15, 2011 2:50:37 AM

yea, my PSU is fine. its a brand new Apevia 750W warlock, it has the cable to plug my PSU into the card also.
Quote:
That's bullshit. I played crysis on my 8800gts just fine back in the day. It didn't run on maximum settings but It had a decent framerate on the Gamer settings.
RaptorHunter, you got any idea what would be causing this to be running so poorly on my rig? i mean, i still think there maybe and underlying cause somewhere else in my system, i mean other people have had older systems and ran it better and things like that are turning up a lot, for now until i get the new card any ideas or if people know of any issue with compatibility due to age difference would be great
m
0
l
September 15, 2011 3:13:24 AM

goldrush8 said:
alright so i found out which card it is, its the same one eldd has, the ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB DDR 5 im not sure if its the HIS or who makes the cooler but its the ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB DDR 5. with all my other stuff will this new graphics card be able to get me at least to a 1600x900 with high settings? keep in mind im getting this for free so this is always replaceable if need be.


With my setup I played on high settings, at 1920x1080, and FPS was well above 40, the card offers good performance even if not top of the line these days.
m
0
l
September 15, 2011 3:44:50 AM

goldrush8 said:
yea, my PSU is fine. its a brand new Apevia 750W warlock, it has the cable to plug my PSU into the card also.
Quote:
That's bullshit. I played crysis on my 8800gts just fine back in the day. It didn't run on maximum settings but It had a decent framerate on the Gamer settings.
RaptorHunter, you got any idea what would be causing this to be running so poorly on my rig? i mean, i still think there maybe and underlying cause somewhere else in my system, i mean other people have had older systems and ran it better and things like that are turning up a lot, for now until i get the new card any ideas or if people know of any issue with compatibility due to age difference would be great

All due respect, I don't think Raptor is up to speed here. The 8800gts is seriously more powerful than a 9400gt, so don't listen to him. Just because the 9400 starts with a higher number, doesn't mean it's more powerful. Goldrush, your "underlying cause" here IS the GPU. The 9400 was meant for light gaming in lower resolutions, at best. And while it could run some games with a decent framerate, Crysis 1 is especially well equipped to bring it -and more powerful cards- to its knees, even today, four years after release.
m
0
l
September 15, 2011 5:22:50 AM

GT's are low end 'economy' GPUs...never buy them for gaming. Just getting Oblivion to run on my 8500GT isn't an easy task...I should have gotten and 8800.

But when I saw this my brain went "Wow, another Crysis poor FPS...duh." lol
m
0
l
September 15, 2011 5:34:30 AM

the 5770 should run it fine on high settings, its a decent performer for ita price range
m
0
l
September 15, 2011 11:05:19 AM

HD 5770 will do good at that resolutions.
We don't have much of an idea about well the game might run, but I'm sure it'll run well.

Quote:
That's bullshit. I played crysis on my 8800gts just fine back in the day. It didn't run on maximum settings but It had a decent framerate on the Gamer settings.

OP's got a 9400GT. 8800GTS is much faster than a 9400GT, no matter what VRAM it might have.
In case if you were thinking, the 8800GTS does almost the same performance with that of a 9800GT.
m
0
l
September 15, 2011 12:39:32 PM

Alight guys, I should be getting my new card soon enough, the 9400 was also a free card that my bro had given me so it was only meant to be a temp card anyway. When I get that new card I'll post up my frame rare and new settings it's running at.

Biggest reason I was kinda irritated with my card was I used to have an nvidia 8200 integrated and it ran it pretty much the same way at same settings so I was wondering if it could have been something else as well but with what all you guys have told me I know this card just wasn't cut out for anything in the region of crysis.
m
0
l
September 15, 2011 3:10:39 PM

Which newer card are you going for anyways ?
m
0
l
September 15, 2011 3:15:41 PM

goldrush8 said:
alright so i found out which card it is, its the same one eldd has, the ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB DDR 5 im not sure if its the HIS or who makes the cooler but its the ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB DDR 5. with all my other stuff will this new graphics card be able to get me at least to a 1600x900 with high settings? keep in mind im getting this for free so this is always replaceable if need be.

^^ its a 5770
m
0
l
September 15, 2011 3:16:29 PM

grats on the upgrade, now your going to be hooked!
m
0
l
September 15, 2011 3:33:03 PM

Oh, thanks for that. :D 
You'll do good.
m
0
l
September 18, 2011 6:23:38 PM

Alright guys, my friend has now told me he wont be giving me that card. I need a recommendation on a graphics card now, should i just buy a new 5770, its only $130 on newegg or any other suggestions you guys can give me would be excellent, im looking for an ati/amd card though because my whole system besides gpu is amd so ill be getting software enhancements offered from amd/ati.
m
0
l
September 18, 2011 11:42:24 PM

software enhancements?
I run an nvidia card with an amd CPU and everything eworks just fine. There isnt any advantage to running amd/ati yet, and im pretty sure it wont be backwards compatible with older tech.
m
0
l
September 19, 2011 2:34:50 AM

Ill try and find that software but, an amd processor and amd/ati radeon graphics card together are made to run smoother than an intel cpu and amd gpu or amd cpu and nvidia gpu (and so on). Ive seen some results and it does seem to offer some sort of performance boost. i may also have been mislead of course, but either way i am leaning towards an amd/ati card anyway.

Ive been looking and im looking at either the ati 5770, amd 6790, or the amd 6850. if you would like to vouch for any of them and help me choose or make any suggestions of there own please do. :) 
m
0
l
September 19, 2011 3:51:00 AM

At 1600X900, the HD 6790 should do well. But if you can expand the budget to a HD 6850, then go for it.
m
0
l
September 19, 2011 1:10:17 PM

goldrush8 said:
Ill try and find that software but, an amd processor and amd/ati radeon graphics card together are made to run smoother than an intel cpu and amd gpu or amd cpu and nvidia gpu (and so on). Ive seen some results and it does seem to offer some sort of performance boost. i may also have been mislead of course, but either way i am leaning towards an amd/ati card anyway.

Ive been looking and im looking at either the ati 5770, amd 6790, or the amd 6850. if you would like to vouch for any of them and help me choose or make any suggestions of there own please do. :) 


I can vouch for the 5770, I have been using it for a year now, and everything works just fine, at 1080p, with the rest of my setup. It can still offer a lot of value for its money, and it would run your games more than good. For instance, I can run Cysis at 1080p, every detail set to "high" in DX10 mode.

But if you can put up the money, then go with the 6850.
m
0
l
September 20, 2011 1:59:44 AM

haha alright then that sounds like a good vouch :)  ill make sure to get it once i get all the cash. thanks for that enthusiastic and quick reply with backing up this card :) 
m
0
l
September 20, 2011 3:24:54 AM

goldrush8 said:
haha alright then that sounds like a good vouch :)  ill make sure to get it once i get all the cash. thanks for that enthusiastic and quick reply with backing up this card :) 

No prob, have fun with your new upgrade
m
0
l
September 26, 2011 9:32:23 AM

Good luck. Idk what it's gonna take to match my goal: Skyrim lol

And right now I have a crummy 8500GT...not cool.
m
0
l
September 26, 2011 1:44:51 PM

Izaran said:
Good luck. Idk what it's gonna take to match my goal: Skyrim lol

And right now I have a crummy 8500GT...not cool.

start a thread if you need advice and there will be plenty of replies instead of digging up a thread thats been done for almost a week now
m
0
l
!