Windows XP slow startup

Recently I tried to install the XP SP2 from the microsoft
website but when the computer tried to restart after the
download, it would not start back up. I ended up re-
slow. It used to start up in about 10 to 20 seconds and
now starts up in about 1 to 2 minutes. How can I correct
this?
3 answers Last reply
More about windows slow startup

    I have the same problem.

    Anybody out there have a solution ?

    "SGilbert" wrote:

    > Recently I tried to install the XP SP2 from the microsoft
    > website but when the computer tried to restart after the
    > download, it would not start back up. I ended up re-
    > slow. It used to start up in about 10 to 20 seconds and
    > now starts up in about 1 to 2 minutes. How can I correct
    > this?

    After installing SP2, my starup was 2 or 3 minutes. I disabled the built in
    firewall and virus program and went back to AVG and Zonealarm. Boots up fine
    now. I don't know which thing did it. I had Zonealrm and AVG running when I
    installed SP2, so that may have been the reason. Just something to try.

    "needyourhelp" <needyourhelp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have the same problem.
    >
    > Anybody out there have a solution ?
    >
    > "SGilbert" wrote:
    >
    >> Recently I tried to install the XP SP2 from the microsoft
    >> website but when the computer tried to restart after the
    >> download, it would not start back up. I ended up re-
    >> slow. It used to start up in about 10 to 20 seconds and
    >> now starts up in about 1 to 2 minutes. How can I correct
    >> this?

  3. - install Advanced system Optimize (ASO) top of the top best registry cleaner www.systweak.com can clean more Startup make faster
    - install RAM Booster use USB for Cache

Slow Startup Microsoft Windows XP