Windows XP slow startup

October 2, 2004 12:10:45 AM

Recently I tried to install the XP SP2 from the microsoft
website but when the computer tried to restart after the
download, it would not start back up. I ended up re-
slow. It used to start up in about 10 to 20 seconds and
now starts up in about 1 to 2 minutes. How can I correct
this?

More about : windows slow startup

Anonymous
November 28, 2004 4:59:04 PM

I have the same problem.

Anybody out there have a solution ?

"SGilbert" wrote:

> Recently I tried to install the XP SP2 from the microsoft
> website but when the computer tried to restart after the
> download, it would not start back up. I ended up re-
> slow. It used to start up in about 10 to 20 seconds and
> now starts up in about 1 to 2 minutes. How can I correct
> this?

Anonymous
November 29, 2004 9:30:51 PM

After installing SP2, my starup was 2 or 3 minutes. I disabled the built in
firewall and virus program and went back to AVG and Zonealarm. Boots up fine
now. I don't know which thing did it. I had Zonealrm and AVG running when I
installed SP2, so that may have been the reason. Just something to try.

"needyourhelp" <needyourhelp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have the same problem.
>
> Anybody out there have a solution ?
>
> "SGilbert" wrote:
>
>> Recently I tried to install the XP SP2 from the microsoft
>> website but when the computer tried to restart after the
>> download, it would not start back up. I ended up re-
>> slow. It used to start up in about 10 to 20 seconds and
>> now starts up in about 1 to 2 minutes. How can I correct
>> this?

November 22, 2010 4:26:24 AM

- install Advanced system Optimize (ASO) top of the top best registry cleaner www.systweak.com can clean more Startup make faster
- install RAM Booster use USB for Cache