How Smart are You???

G

I just bought a Thunderbird 1.4Mhz CPU and installed it on my A7V-133 Raid motherboard I cannot even get a post. I turn the system on on the fan spins then the system cuts off leaving with a blinking Green LED light on the power button. I upgraded the bio's to the latest and still no post. My 850MHz Thunderbird works fine, no problem their.
I even reset the bio's to default still no post.

System
Motherboard:A7V-133 Raid
Memory:448Megs
Video:Gforce 32 Megs
HD: 30 Gigs
Sound:SBlaster 128

I set the switches to Jumperless mode per Page 18-23 in manual. In the Jumper mode DSW are set to 133MHZ and 10.5 Multiplyer, and set the JEN to Pin 1 and 2. Still same problem. I Cannot even get a post when I power the system on, and the Unfortunatly the system powers down after about 15 seconds, and I'm left with a Blinking Green LED light once system cuts off.

See if your smart enough to solve this one.

FatBurger

Illustrious
Do you have a fan plugged into the CPU fan header? That might be the problem.

<font color=blue>Quarter pounder inside</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Change the Sig of the Week!!!</font color=red>

Kronos

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2001
Try the CPU in another system.

I want to die like my Grandfather...in my sleep...not screaming in terror like his passengers.

G

Did you get a new hs when you got the Athalon? If it is oversized, it might be shorting out the board. And are you sure you are not clipping your psu?

/Please God... Change the Sig O' the Week/

tilepusher

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2001
I am not smart. Is this a question(and your pc isn't posting) or is this a quiz for smart people with you already knowing the answers? If this is a question asking for help, What kind of Power Supply do you have? And have any of your components ever ran in another set up? What components have you tried switching out with stuff that works? Have you checked all of your connections and cards to see if they are seated correctly. Again I am not smart, so if this is a quiz I'll take the "F", and keep reading other people's posts to learn more for myself.
Peace Out.........tile

looking forward to a lifetime of tweakends

igottaknife

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Yeah power supply sounds about right, but even with a weak power supply the fans would keep spinning and the comp just won't post. I don't feel like downloading the manual to see what the blinking LED means.

To <b>HELL</b> with your damned cookie.... :mad: ptooo!! :mad:
Change the signature of the week

G

I don't understand this. Which fan works? Your CPU fan or the fan in the power supply? And what exactly do you mean the system cuts off leaving a blinking green LED? If it cut off then surely there'd be no power including to the LED. If everything else goes off but not the LED then it could be going into some sort of standby mode.

Trust me, you're already in Windows... you are... LOOK BITCH!!!... :mad:

phsstpok

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Tbird 1.4 and is that Geforce256? If so 20+ amps is required on the +3.3volt line. I highly recommend a 350 watt (or higher) power supply.

Read about Geforce256's unusually high power requirements at <A HREF="http://www.geforcefaq.com" target="_new">http://www.geforcefaq.com</A>. Some information is also available at some video card manufacturer's web sites. Try Visiontek's and I think Elsa's. (You'll have to dig pretty hard). I think I posted a link to Visiontek's information in one of my other posts.

Lars_Coleman

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2001
I think this is just a thought up problem. Not something real that happened. For example he says he flashed the BIOS (How if it doesn't POST), and he also says he changed the BIOS settings to the default (How if it doesn't POST).

Hmmmm. I think we're being lied to or we're not getting all the information?

<font color=red>"Can you deal with that!"</font color=red>

Yahiko81

Illustrious
Jul 17, 2001
Are you listening he has two different procs. one works and the other doesn't post with that particular system.

:cool: <b>Change the sig of the week!</b> :cool:
Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!!

Lars_Coleman

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2001
I'm wondering if your listening???? His sentence is the following :::
"I upgraded the bio's to the latest and still no post. My 850MHz Thunderbird works fine, no problem their.
I even reset the bio's to default still no post."

You tell me how that's possible? Only if he uses his other processor, pulls it and then installs the other. Which he really didn't say he did that, now did he? Hmmm! How can you give a test on how smart people are when you don't give all the information?

Yahiko81

Illustrious
Jul 17, 2001
Does he have to explain every thing.

I turned on my system no post.
I scratched my head
I turned off my system
I took off the case
I grounded my self
I took out the processor
I put in the new processor

I mean really how detailed do you want him to get.

Lars_Coleman

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2001
Pretty damn detailed if he wants the problem solved and to see how smart everyone is!

No one has solved the problem so far, aren't you wondering why?

Yahiko81

Illustrious
Jul 17, 2001
Maybe the reason why is because he just says "wrong" instead of being helpful like say no i tryed that and this and this is what happend.

D33

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2001
how smart am i????...very, this should take care of your first problem.
now for the system not posting thing i have a couple of questions for you:
1 -how could you flash the bios if it doesn't post
2 -how could you update and all of these bla bla things you did if your system doesn't post?do you think this is possible guys.....

anyway, i recommend trying all of your components on a different system.