Im stumped...Which Mobo should I go for?

owais

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2001
First of all, realizing that DDR and SDR cost the same at Crucial, I decided to go with a DDR board. I already have an unlocked Duron, so I would like something that supports multiplier adjustment. I got a question bout that too. Now that I can adjust the multipliers, can I also adjust the voltage? I know mines running at 1.5, and I'd like it to run at 1.85. Aside from overclocking, I need a board that is extremely stable. I don't want to reinstall windows once every month and go through about 2 crashes a day. Im fed up with this crap. Another good thing would be if the mobo supports both SDR and DDR cause I don't have enough money to get memory and a mobo. So id like to get a mobo now, and than get DDR later. Since I already have a Duron processor, I really can't go for an Intel solution. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

My system rig at:
http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?id=10588

The ECS K7S5A has support for both sdram and ddram, but no overclocking features, except fsb. May be available at cdr express, or check motherboards on pricewatch and select brands. With an unlocked duron, you could change the multiplier setting with the L6 bridges, and the voltage with the L7 bridges. At about $65, you'll have money left over to save for a 1.4 athlon, which continues to drop in price (currently $107).