Stu

every time i try to get windows update to give me a list
of updates it goes thru the phase of checking..... then
comes up with the error 0x80244016

the help area doesnt seem to have this error discussed

cheers

check out :

http://sniptools.com/vault/getting-errors-with-
windowsupdate.htm

Check that you date and time are correct and not the wrong year or
something. I got this info from a user at the sniptool web page linked
in the post above this one.

The sniptool advice looks pretty good as it gets rid of the Windows
Update control files, turns off server verification, deletes all the
internet temp files, and generally gets the machine ready to run a clean
copy of the update software.

http://sniptools.com/vault/getting-errors-with-windowsupdate.htm

http://makeashorterlink.com/?M26312F69