Access Data On CD-ROMS

Attempting to recover data placed on rewritable 650 MB CD-
ROMS.
After inserting CD and double clicking My Conputer>double
clicking the CD ICON, I receive a box titled, "My
computer." Inside the box is: D;\is not accessible
Incorrect funtion. I tested other CDs and the tower
operates with no problem.
Please advise.

Robert
3 answers Last reply
More about access data roms

    Robert wrote:
    > Attempting to recover data placed on rewritable 650 MB CD-
    > ROMS.
    > After inserting CD and double clicking My Conputer>double
    > clicking the CD ICON, I receive a box titled, "My
    > computer." Inside the box is: D;\is not accessible
    > Incorrect funtion. I tested other CDs and the tower
    > operates with no problem.
    > Please advise.

    Try cleaning the CD with a soft, non-abrasive/static free cloth.
    Try the CD in another computer/CD drive.

    --
    <- Shenan ->

    Thank you for the response. I was describing my
    experience from 5 CDs. One is brand new, just unwrapped
    and was used for the first time. After transferring
    photographs and data, I attempted to access several hours
    later and received the box after double clicking the CD.
    Computer>double
    >> clicking the CD ICON, I receive a box titled, "My
    >> computer." Inside the box is: D;\is not accessible
    >> Incorrect funtion. I tested other CDs and the tower
    >> operates with no problem.
    >> Please advise.
    >
    >Try cleaning the CD with a soft, non-abrasive/static
    free cloth.
    >Try the CD in another computer/CD drive.
    >
    >--
    ><- Shenan ->
    >--
    >The information is provided "as is", it is suggested you
    research for
    >yourself before you take any advice - you are the one
    ultimately
    >responsible for your actions/problems/solutions. Know
    what you are
    >getting into before you jump in with both feet.
    >

    >.

    Sounds like a hardware problem. Check the newly-written CDs in another
    machine. It sounds like the write function of the CD unit is not
    operating properly.

Computers CD-Rom Microsoft Windows XP