Installing drivers for Linksys WPC54G

jeff

I had trouble installing the driver for the Linksys WPC54G notebook
adaptor ('ErrorCode=-3 Incorrect data or not enough disk space' - even
though there was a lot of disk space).

I think the problem was because I was installing on my company's
notebook - and they put restrictions on what can be installed.

Are there other routers with less probelms installing (D-link for
example?). Would I have better luck with a USB adaptor?

jeff9999@rogers.com (Jeff) wrote:

>I had trouble installing the driver for the Linksys WPC54G notebook
>adaptor ('ErrorCode=-3 Incorrect data or not enough disk space' - even
>though there was a lot of disk space).
>
>I think the problem was because I was installing on my company's
>notebook - and they put restrictions on what can be installed.

You may need to log on with administrator privileges to install these drivers.

--
The reply to email address is a valid address of a
proven spammer, quoted with the sole intention of

I don't think that's the problem. I'm in the same boat. Linksys
techsupport was worse than useless so I'm still trying to figure out
the problem. I saw a post in one forum where someone suggested it was
a registry locking conflict or something.

Anyone find a fix/workaround for this yet?

mike

--
snowdog512

Hey,

I seemed to have overcome my problem. I posted a writeup under "Less
than Positive Experience installing Linksys WPC54G/WRT54G on Win2K
SP4."

mike

--
snowdog512