For Crashman: on board sound

oymd

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2001
in an earlier post about the ASUS TUSL 2-c...u mentioned u dont like onboard sound....and that it DOES NOT ALLOW an add on sound card...sorry..i did not get that....i have a creative live player card...and intend on buying a TUSL 2-C...won't i be able to put that sound card on the motherboard?????

chaotictech

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Even if you can't disable it in the bios you can in windows. So you can still put a pci sound card in and it will work.

When I go into a computer store I lose all means of reason for some reason.

girish

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
TUSL2-C will also come without audio, and even if you dont disable the onboard audio in BIOS you can certainly add another card in a PCI slot and use it. set the preferred device as this card in Multimedia Properties in the Control Panel. you will just loose on a IRQ. its precious.

girish

<font color=red>No system is fool-proof. Fools are Ingenious!</font color=red>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
YOu can use a sound card in ANY motherboard, regardless of whether or not it has onboard sound. In fact, you can run most soundcards and onboard sound simultaneously. I don't get onboard sound because I know I'm not going to use it. If you don't like the onboard sound, disable it. I recommend if you get the TUSL2-C with onboard sound, and would rather use your Creative card, go for it!

I'm so tired of cookies I'd settle for spam!