Closed

Is Red Orchestra 2 fun?

Tags:
  • PC gaming
  • Games
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
September 14, 2011 2:36:59 AM

So I've been thinking of getting Red Orchestra 2 for a while now but have never played the first red orchestra so I don't know much about how the gameplay will be so I'm wondering what you guys think of the game and if its worth getting, I love the hardcore shooter genre and this looks like a fun game to add to my collection.

More about : red orchestra fun

September 14, 2011 8:11:34 PM

Reviews look okay. If you enjoy the genre, then you should be okay with Red Orchestra 2. I suggest you get and play it and post your own personal review here in the forums.

Have fun!
Score
September 15, 2011 3:51:51 AM

except Tripwire uses Steam and Steam does not advertise it on pc games, it's up to the gamer to discover the destructive DRM before purchase.

steam limits a pc to ported console graphic's, :non: 
and it's more hacked than a Somaland rain forest.
Score
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !

Best solution

September 15, 2011 4:08:31 AM

whatsup1396 said:
So I've been thinking of getting Red Orchestra 2 for a while now but have never played the first red orchestra so I don't know much about how the gameplay will be so I'm wondering what you guys think of the game and if its worth getting, I love the hardcore shooter genre and this looks like a fun game to add to my collection.

Last night I went to a friend who got Red Orchestra 2; maybe it's just me, but I wasn't impressed at all by the graphics (Unreal Engine 3) or the gameplay. He was playing the single player German campaign (you also have the Allied campaign in there) and he was running across this field outside a small village.

Apart from the fact that he died fairly easy (one bullet is enough to bite the dust), nothing looked impressive, although he was using highest details @1080p. Smoke looked bad, explosions looked even worse, character animation is wooden and choppy; gameplay is made more complex (they say) by the fact that when you're taking aim you have a lot of key combinations to zoom, then zoom once more when you're zoomed out by holding breath (for extra accuracy), or use another key while you're zoomed to set the distance to the target, which of course you acquire totally empirically. So actually you do not have any reaction time to use 3 key combinations just to squeeze a shot when those Red Army soldiers are swarming toward you, maybe the gameplay is different in multiplayer. At least in single player, the game is a little bit like the Battlefield series, when one is shot, there's a respawn time and some classes you can choose from, so nothing absolutely amazing there either.

Well, after watching this gameplay for an hour or so, I was totally unimpressed by anything (oh the voice acting in single player is also horrible, with that German accented English... they could have done better, or just let it go completely), graphics looked nothing out of the ordinary, even at highest details, gameplay looked awkward and choppy, it seemed like game was being patched together and thrown on the market for the extra, quick buck, with no respect for the receiving end, the consumer.

This is my very short and obviously biased, since this is my poor attempt at a short review, anyone else had any different experience? Cause right now, this is a no-buy for me.
September 15, 2011 9:20:44 AM

Hey i bought the game not knowing of its previous title or having seen or played RO1 and i have to say it is awesome.....the game does not look bad at all and you do need a pretty decent pc to run this at max settings.Yeh it is a realistic game where 1 shot can kill or wound but the bullet balistics are great the realism is great and the maps are pretty big (like probably over half the size or more of a bc2 map) but yeh anyway from my beta/release experience i would say buy it if you want a realistic game its awesome.
Score
January 30, 2012 10:55:00 AM

Best answer selected by mousemonkey.
Score
January 30, 2012 10:55:04 AM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!