Lars_Coleman

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2001
Ok I'm POed. I went to MSI's website last night and saw that they have a new BIOS release for a K7T Turbo, so I thought to myself "I haven't updated my BIOS for this Motherboard yet" and I got the latest one. Flashed without a hitch and then I reboot to Windows after checking my BIOS settings and I get a Windows protection error. Thats alright, reboot hit F5 to go into Safe Mode, and the same error. So I pop my drive in with Windows NT. It boots up but I get a couple errors and it asks me to check the error log. So I run through repairing it and everything seems fine so I deside to reinstall. Now every time I get NT loaded I boot for the first time and I get a Blue Screen STOP error and it locks my system solid (Blue Screen Of Death).

So I figured I would flash the BIOS to the first release and see if that resolves my issues? Is that a smart thing to do?

Thanks for the help!

<font color=red>"Can you deal with that!"</font color=red>

Lars_Coleman

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2001
Ok, I'm all better now! Flashed it back to the 1st update and everything works fine! No more Windows Protection errors and as good as new! I just have to reboot ... hmm!

Anyways, any MSI owners out there with the K7T Turbo, I wouldn't go with the latest BIOS update.

My system :::
AMD TBird 1Ghz
MSI K7T Turbo
576MB RAM
GeForce2 MX

Later ...

<font color=red>"Can you deal with that!"</font color=red>

aspire

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2001
Yes that was the smartest things to do. I always treat BIOS upgrade like Detonator driver updates. Updates as new version comes out! And the new BIOS clears a lot of problem!