System restore not working

When I try to start-up system restore,it comes up
with "C:\windows\system32
\shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL"C:\windows\system32
\sysdm.cpl",System" rundll error,I send reports,but it
hasn't worked for weeks.What can I do to fix this myself?
Can I delete system restore,and reload it from the start-
up CD?And if so how do I go about it?
1 answer Last reply
More about system restore working

    Try this

    Click Start | Control Panel | Administrative Tools |
    Services.
    Right-click System Restore Service and click Properties.
    From the Startup Type drop-down, select Disabled.
    Click OK.
    Close the Services and Administrative Tools windows.
    Right-click My Computer, click Properties, and click the
    System Restore tab. The System Restore tab should now
    display properly; however, the System Restore service
    will be disabled.
    Enable System Restore and click Apply.

System Restore Microsoft Rundll Windows XP