I have two computers here:

1 - xp home SP2

1 - xp pro SP2

My issue is related to both.

I have the Firewall 'Service' stopped and disabled. I also have the
Security Center's Alert Settings \ Firewall disabled (unchecked). Yet I
routinely get a firewall security icon appearing in my system tray.

Since I have all known firewall related items disabled why is it that I
still get these notices. Furthermore - how can I prevent them?

I had the same problem.
See later thread from John Bonner
Make sure you have your own firewall installed and running.

Go to Control Panel/Administative Tools/ Services
Double-click on Services.
Srroll down to find Security Centre.
Right-click on this and select Properties.
In Startup Type select Disabled.
This it the only thing that worked for me and it is safe to do it.

John.
"Neo Anderson" <n.anderson@morpheus.con> wrote in message

> I have two computers here:
>
> 1 - xp home SP2
>
> 1 - xp pro SP2
>
> My issue is related to both.
>

> I have the Firewall 'Service' stopped and disabled. I also have the
> Security Center's Alert Settings \ Firewall disabled (unchecked). Yet I
> routinely get a firewall security icon appearing in my system tray.
>

> Since I have all known firewall related items disabled why is it that I
> still get these notices. Furthermore - how can I prevent them?
> --

TRENDING THREADS