Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Effect on Windows 8 for gaming PC

Last response: in Video Games
September 14, 2011 8:49:30 PM

I haven't downloaded the Windows 8 preview yet. I was wondering those that have if there is any noticeable changes for a gaming PC. Thanks.

More about : effect windows gaming

September 14, 2011 11:59:37 PM

I would not recommend downloading a preview build of an operating system to play games on. Be very cautious of driver and hardware issues.
m
l
September 15, 2011 5:02:19 AM

foshi13 said:
I would not recommend downloading a preview build of an operating system to play games on. Be very cautious of driver and hardware issues.

Ya I was wondering that myself. I downloaded but haven't installed until I read some more reviews. I was thinking of making a dual boot system to easily go back to 7 if any issues.
m
l
Related resources
September 15, 2011 3:53:13 PM

I'm amazed at how many people are interpreting this builders preview as a new OS to install and use daily... It's meant for builders of programs to be able to get started on their ideas...

They are nice enough to let anyone try it out, though! But we gotta remember the purpose....
m
l
a b 4 Gaming
September 15, 2011 6:10:55 PM

gostumpy said:
I'm amazed at how many people are interpreting this builders preview as a new OS to install and use daily... It's meant for builders of programs to be able to get started on their ideas...

They are nice enough to let anyone try it out, though! But we gotta remember the purpose....

Exactly! This is a developers preview, not a beta, but a pre-beta. that said, I have it installed in a VM using VirtualBox. I haven't even tried installing games because I know there will just be too many hassles to deal with at this stage of the game. I am however testing some development tools and minor apps. There probably isn't much to mention that hasn't been said in all the articles floating around.

If you want to see the main screen upon login, I have it listed in another post.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/26100-63-newly-releas...
m
l

Best solution

April 2, 2012 8:00:13 AM

i manage to install directx 9 with the Microsoft web installer because the call of duty 4.... but the FPS are so reduced... is not playable at all
April 12, 2012 4:47:29 AM

Best answer selected by Swolern.
m
l
!