Luis

Right Now I am using Microsoft Windows XP (5.1.2600)
Service Pack 2. Recently I downloaded a program that
patches the file uxtheme.dll so that I can use themes
other than the one's developed by Microsoft. The problem
is that it messed up my computer. Now when i run windows
XP my desktop won't show up and my taskbar won't show up
either. I tried to uninstall and then install SP2 but it
wouldn't uninstall. I don't know what to do. I can't use
my computer anymore. The bad thing is that I lost the
Windows XP setup CD. Can anyone please help me. you can
email me at mnn2k@myway.com

Larry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Common sense says what's more important, extra themes
(that apparently screwed your pc) or being responsible
and storing important cds such as windows xp.

Having said that , I don't know , if your desktop doesn't
show try this. Reboot and depress and hold F8
then try ;

Last Known Good Configuration

Use caution when you see offers on the net for "Free Wallpaper" as these
offers often install adware/spyware without your knowlege. It is a
little sneaky. The risk/reward principle applies here.