EQ2 gathered items

While I'm out and about, I try to do some gathering along the way. It keeps
the skill up (not that I have much reason to do so at this point, but you
never know), and I thought I might make some of the basic food and drink
items for myself at some point.

When I stepped up to the stove to see what I might be able to throw
together, I was not able to find a single use for any of the 15 or so types
of ingredients I had gathered. I'm talking things like carrots, spices,
jumjum, cabbage, tea leaves, etc. These are certainly food ingredients, but
I went through many of the available recipes available to me as a level 8
artisan with all my basic artisan books and couldn't find any of these
ingredients listed as part of a recipe. I ended up just deleting the
majority of it to free up some room, as little can be sold to a vendor.

What gives? What does everyone else do with all the stuff they gather? Does
is sell for much on the open market?

--
Rumble

"The floggings will continue until morale improves."
-- Blackbeard

Rumbledor <Rumbledor@HotRemoveThisPartMail.com> wrote in

> While I'm out and about, I try to do some gathering along the way.
<snippage>

> What gives? What does everyone else do with all the stuff they gather?
> Does is sell for much on the open market?

All the stuff you gather does have a use somewhere. It's just that some of
it is for recipes you might not have yet. You have to buy the artisan
books up to level 9 then buy the books for your profession for every level
after that. Buying the books will get you recipes for the items you have
gathered. One thing about food/drinks, if you make a food or drink it will
last twice as long as one you buy.

"Bebinn" <bebinn@invalid.com> wrote in message
> Rumbledor <Rumbledor@HotRemoveThisPartMail.com> wrote in
>
>> While I'm out and about, I try to do some gathering along the way.
> <snippage>
>>
>> What gives? What does everyone else do with all the stuff they gather?
>> Does is sell for much on the open market?
>>

> All the stuff you gather does have a use somewhere. It's just that some
> of
> it is for recipes you might not have yet. You have to buy the artisan
> books up to level 9 then buy the books for your profession for every level
> after that. Buying the books will get you recipes for the items you have
> gathered. One thing about food/drinks, if you make a food or drink it
> will
> last twice as long as one you buy.

So I can make a chocolate bar and it will last twice as long as bread?
Sounds good, sounds like my guy is going to be on a diet of chocolate and
wine :)