Sign in with
Your question

Windows 7 64 bit OEM install

Last response: in Windows 7
September 28, 2010 9:17:28 AM

Trying to install windows 7 64 bit ver on a PC that I originally had windows XP on, Intel 3.0 GHZ 8 GB of Ram. Install Win7 adviser and it gave me okay. Load it DVD in drive and booted up dvd. Selected drive that XP was on accepted use terms and it started extracting files but didn't get pass 2%. A error message told me that it couldn't find the DVD drive and to place it back in the E drive and continue. I tried to eject drive and close it back and hit try agin but I still would not take it. This happened during several attempts to install windows 7. once I hit continue but an error code came up and told me that it could not install
" windows cannot install required files, the file does not exist. Make sure all files required for installation are available, and restart the installation. Error Code: 0x0070003"
a b $ Windows 7
September 28, 2010 12:42:40 PM

Sounds like you tried to do a upgrade, you need to do a custom advanced install in order for it to work. You will also need to format your drive and loose everything in the process, so back up what is important.
m
l
September 28, 2010 6:29:11 PM

Thanks already tried that but same results
m
l
Related resources
September 28, 2010 7:54:35 PM

Is it possible to get another copy of the setup disc, return it to the location where it was purchased from? Sounds like the disc, and if it only gets to the 2% mark every time, then it is failing on that or the hdd, but my guess would be the disc. Some corrupt files on there, potentially. To confirm my suspicions, do you have another machine or test box to try the disc on?
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
September 28, 2010 9:06:29 PM

disk..
m
l
September 30, 2010 9:15:58 PM

nothing work I just gave up
m
l
a b $ Windows 7