this is I hope an easy one for most of you out there.....I have an drive that
I split in half with two drive letters....C-D....My question is can I rename
these two drive to the same letter...C... bottom line I want to make this
drive back to one drive...

Short answer: No

Long answer: Nooooooooo!

Several commercial products are out there (Partition
Magic for one) that will manipulate partitions. Two
different partitions cannot be named as one drive.

This can only be done through using 3rd party software such as partition
magic. You would have to merge the partitions back into a single partition.

Why would you want to have 2 partitions with the same drive letter anyway?