Pedro

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2004

Hello,

I consistently get the following error message when i try
to use the internal windows compression utility to
package files

windows compression (zipped) file error
cannot create output file

it doesnt matter what type of files i am zipping up, same
problem

it will happen approximately 70% of the time

i was told it could be a problem writing to the hard
disk, so i replaced the hard disk and a fresh install of
windows, same problem

ive tried replacing my memory modules, same problem

i have onboard LAN and VIDEO (not that it should make a
difference)

the only thing i havent done is replaced the board

any suggestions?

thanks

Is your drive formatted NTFS?

How To Use File Compression in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307987&Product=winxp

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP