Compaq 1505us blue screen

Tom

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I'm crashing with a "cannot find driver system32/driver/ntfs.exe. Its
telling me to put the installation disc back in, and hit "R" for repair.
When I do that, I get an error # 4 message. Anyone have an idea how to fix
it?
Compaq 1505us
Windows WP home
1gig ram
1 confused owner
Thank you,
Tom

Reinstall XP from scratch, over the existing XP. Chances are you'll lose the
registry, and, with it, all the software previously installed.

But first... Has the hard drive gone bad? Run the manufacturer's diagnostics to
find out... Ben Myers