Thurs/Fri Weekend?

Frankster wrote:

> I have AC800 with free nights and weekends. Any chance This Thursday and/or
> Friday would count as a weekend?

Discussed, ad nauseum.

By the way, why would you even *consider* Friday?

Notan

> By the way, why would you even *consider* Friday?

Verizon and Airtouch before them counted both TH/FR as holidays for years
prior to 2004. In 2003 the billing system upgrade reduced our
9 holidays which had always included both TH & FR to just TH, and down to
the
"standard" 6 holidays folks in the east received.

Anyway, for folks in the west, FR was a holiday on Verizon. It isn't
anymore.

-Dan

--
Eugene, Oregon -- Pacific Northwest
http://cell.uoregon.edu

Frankster wrote:

> > Discussed, ad nauseum.
>
> You've got the corner on the nausea market. I'll give you that.

Do you even know what "ad nauseum" means?

Notan

Dan Albrich wrote:

> > By the way, why would you even *consider* Friday?
>
> Verizon and Airtouch before them counted both TH/FR as holidays for years
> prior to 2004. In 2003 the billing system upgrade reduced our
> 9 holidays which had always included both TH & FR to just TH, and down to
> the
> "standard" 6 holidays folks in the east received.
>
> Anyway, for folks in the west, FR was a holiday on Verizon. It isn't
> anymore.

Who'da thunk it? <g>

Thanks for the education!

Notan

"Frankster" <Frank@REMOVEALLCAPSitcreek.com> wrote in message
>I have AC800 with free nights and weekends. Any chance This Thursday
>and/or Friday would count as a weekend?

Thursday YES, Friday NO... (Friday isn't really a holiday, though a lot of
people might have off from work).

VZW (and other wireless carriers) only count the ACTUAL holidays, not ones
that some might consider holidays..

Frankster

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2004

Thanks Bob! Unlike Notan, NGs are not my whole life and not where I gain my
self esteem. I only pop in once in a while if I have a question that I
can't find the answer to on the VZW website.

Again, thanks.

-Frank

> Frankster wrote:
>>
>> > Discussed, ad nauseum.
>>
>> You've got the corner on the nausea market. I'll give you that.
>
> Do you even know what "ad nauseum" means?
>
> Notan

You spelled it wrong KING NOTAN!

- ad nau.se.am adv [L] : to a sickening or excessive degree

And yes, I think that you have a corner on the "sickening or excessive
degree" market!

See ya.................!

-Frank

Frankster wrote:

> Thanks Bob! Unlike Notan, NGs are not my whole life and not where I gain my
> self esteem. I only pop in once in a while if I have a question that I
> can't find the answer to on the VZW website.

All you had to do was a quick search, to find "Thursday and
Friday N/C on airtime," the most recent post being on 11/24.

It's all a matter of doing a little thinking, on your own,
before posting a question.

Notan

Frankster wrote:

> "Notan" <notan@ddress.com> wrote in message

> >> You've got the corner on the nausea market. I'll give you that.
> >
> > Do you even know what "ad nauseum" means?
> >
> > Notan
>
> You spelled it wrong KING NOTAN!
>
> - ad nau.se.am adv [L] : to a sickening or excessive degree
>
> And yes, I think that you have a corner on the "sickening or excessive
> degree" market!
>
> See ya.................!

From the dictionary, you're correct.

It also means "extensively."

Notan

Frankster

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2004

Now that I had some time I tested this live, today, Thursday. Talk Time is
being billed to my OffPeak hours today. Cool.

BTW, I am out West (Colorado), and, I was originally with Airtouch (man that
was a long time ago! :) )

-Frank

"Bob the Printer" <bdolson@comcast.net> wrote in message

> "Frankster" <Frank@REMOVEALLCAPSitcreek.com> wrote in message
>>I have AC800 with free nights and weekends. Any chance This Thursday
>>and/or Friday would count as a weekend?
>
> Thursday YES, Friday NO... (Friday isn't really a holiday, though a lot of
> people might have off from work).
>
> VZW (and other wireless carriers) only count the ACTUAL holidays, not ones
> that some might consider holidays..

On Thu, 25 Nov 2004 00:32:12 -0500, "Bob the Printer" <bdolson@comcast.net>
chose to add this to the great equation of life, the universe, and
everything:

>"Frankster" <Frank@REMOVEALLCAPSitcreek.com> wrote in message
>>I have AC800 with free nights and weekends. Any chance This Thursday
>>and/or Friday would count as a weekend?
>
>Thursday YES, Friday NO... (Friday isn't really a holiday, though a lot of
>people might have off from work).
>
>VZW (and other wireless carriers) only count the ACTUAL holidays, not ones
>that some might consider holidays..

I'm just surprised we managed to get through Veterans' Day without anyone
asking if it was free.

http://home.att.net/~dwstreeter
"HUMOR TIP: Canada is funny." - Dave Barry