Not able to Restart

When I try to turn off or restart my laptop, I got
to "Start", then select one of these two options. In
both cases, my computer goes to "Standby" instead of
turning off or restarting.

Any ideas?

Hi

Please try the following links to Jim Eshelman's web site:

http://aumha.org/win5/a/shtdwnxp.htm
http://aumha.org/win5/a/tshoot.htm

--

Will Denny