I heard that if you preordered you get Jboots when you /claim. I preordered
my game and did /claim but just got some stuff for my apartment that doesn't
look too enticing. Was the jboot item cancelled?

Rom

"Rom Gin" <romulator@adelphia.net> wrote in message
> I heard that if you preordered you get Jboots when you /claim. I
preordered
> my game and did /claim but just got some stuff for my apartment that
doesn't
> look too enticing. Was the jboot item cancelled?
>
> Rom

I found this:

http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/eq2/board/message?board.id=tech_support&message.id=129

I will try it tonight. This is for pre-ordering either version, not just
the collector's, right ?

Thanks for the info !

Rom

"Rom Gin" <romulator@adelphia.net> wrote in message
> I heard that if you preordered you get Jboots when you /claim. I preordered
> my game and did /claim but just got some stuff for my apartment that doesn't
> look too enticing. Was the jboot item cancelled?

You should have gotten a preorder code from the place you bought your game.
You enter that at thier website to flag your account able to claim the
J-boots.

--
Davian - Wood Elf Warrior on Guk
Talynne - Half Elf Rogue on Guk

Dearic - Dwarven Warlord on E'ci
Talynne - Half Elf Assassin on E'ci

Patrik

"Rom Gin" <romulator@adelphia.net> writes:

> I heard that if you preordered you get Jboots when you /claim. I preordered
> my game and did /claim but just got some stuff for my apartment that doesn't
> look too enticing. Was the jboot item cancelled?

You need to register a code from your preorder pack, there are
instructions somewhere in the FAQs on the EQ2 forums, IIRC.

> "Rom Gin" <romulator@adelphia.net> wrote in message
>> I heard that if you preordered you get Jboots when you /claim. I
> preordered
>> my game and did /claim but just got some stuff for my apartment that
> doesn't
>> look too enticing. Was the jboot item cancelled?
>>
>> Rom
>>

> I found this:
>
> http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/eq2/board/message?board.id=tech_support&message.id=129
>
> I will try it tonight. This is for pre-ordering either version, not just
> the collector's, right ?
>
> Thanks for the info !
>
> Rom

Correct. Keep in mind that you can only claim these items once. If you
delete your character, you lose the item and can not claim a new copy of the
boots or any of the other apartment items. The boots are also
non-transferable so you can not give them to another one of your characters
after they have been attuned.

---

"toolstech" <spam_someone@else.com> wrote in message

> "Rom Gin" <romulator@adelphia.net> wrote in message
> >
> > "Rom Gin" <romulator@adelphia.net> wrote in message
> >> I heard that if you preordered you get Jboots when you /claim. I
> > preordered
> >> my game and did /claim but just got some stuff for my apartment that
> > doesn't
> >> look too enticing. Was the jboot item cancelled?
> >>
> >> Rom
> >>

> > I found this:

http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/eq2/board/message?board.id=tech_support&message.id=129

> > I will try it tonight. This is for pre-ordering either version, not
just
> > the collector's, right ?
> >
> > Thanks for the info !
> >
> > Rom
> >

> Correct. Keep in mind that you can only claim these items once. If you
> delete your character, you lose the item and can not claim a new copy of
the
> boots or any of the other apartment items. The boots are also
> non-transferable so you can not give them to another one of your
characters
> after they have been attuned.

Well, I did indeed pre-order my copy through Amazon but there is no second
set of keys to be found anywhere. I have sent an e-mail to SOE and will see
what they say.

> "toolstech" <spam_someone@else.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "Rom Gin" <romulator@adelphia.net> wrote in message
>> >
>> > "Rom Gin" <romulator@adelphia.net> wrote in message
>> > preordered
>> > doesn't

>> > I found this:
>> >

> http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/eq2/board/message?board.id=tech_support&message.id=129
>> >
>> > I will try it tonight. This is for pre-ordering either version, not
> just
>> > the collector's, right ?
>> >
>> > Thanks for the info !
>> >
>> > Rom
>> >

>> Correct. Keep in mind that you can only claim these items once. If you
>> delete your character, you lose the item and can not claim a new copy of
> the
>> boots or any of the other apartment items. The boots are also
>> non-transferable so you can not give them to another one of your
> characters
>> after they have been attuned.
>>

> Well, I did indeed pre-order my copy through Amazon but there is no second
> set of keys to be found anywhere. I have sent an e-mail to SOE and will
> see
> what they say.

AFAIK simply preordering the game was not enough, you had to actually pick
up a pre-order box. In the box was a CD that allowed you to pre-create
characters so they would be ready at launch, some EQ2 movie material, etc.
Along with the CD was a key code like the key code that came with your
retail EQ2 CD/DVD. Using that key code you could unlock your jboots.

BTW, the jboots are not like the jboots you may be familiar with from EQL.
First, you dont activate them you just wear them and automaticly activate;
second, they add like 10% to your run speed not the 90% of SoW or so that
they give in EQL. If you play a scout, or any other class with a speed
ability/spell, you will want to give the jboots to another of your
characters.

DJB