Suzanne

I inadvertently deleted help and support center. Can't
get my product number to ask microsoft tech support.
Anybody know how I might be able to reinstall this
application?

The tech support for MS Windows XP is through your computer maker. I had
the same problem with losing help and support on an e-machine. I think I
took it back to Best Buy and had them re-install the e-Machine setup disk
from a different copy.

The reason that MS is not the first line support for Windows is that
Windows issues a license to the manufacturer and receives a royalty
payment from the manufacturer, but since the manufacturer is licensed to
install the software, MS is cut out of the deal as far as the end user,
the consumer, is concerned. MS will provide support if you pay a fee.

Did you delete help and support or did it go away on its own?