"Windows has recovered from a serious error...."

Brodie

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2004

I get this message every time I boot up my pc. This is the detailed message:

C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini100104-01.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER1.tmp.dir00\sysdata.xml

Not sure if this is related but I might have downloaded a questionable
program, but now all of a sudden when I try to open Nero, my pc will reboot
itself. I've uninstalled and reinstalled Nero, but to no avail. Still does
the same thing.

Another problem (non related). My system restore no longer works, I try and
run it at a message says "Make sure it is on and reboot computer...blah,
blah" I have done that and it does nothing. I've tried to turn it on in the
computer management services but I get an error "Could not start the system
restore service on local computer Error 1359: An internal error has
occurred"
Any theories. Thanks for your time.

Jim

for any spyware/ adware, and remove that bad stuff. And
run the disk cleanup tool to remove the temp files and so
on. Then try the system file checker tool, start, run,
and type; sfc /scannow with that space. Good luck.

Brodie

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2004

Thanks Jim,
I've did everything you said and when I ran the scannow function I got a
message that said "original file has been changed....insert Windows
disk...blah, blah..." I don't have or can't find the disk. Is there
something else I could do?