[EQ2] Eating and Drinking

I was level 10ish before I realized my auto drinking and eating was off.
But I never noticed any penalties. Is the effect broken?

"Rom Gin" <romulator@adelphia.net> wrote in message
> I was level 10ish before I realized my auto drinking and eating was off.
> But I never noticed any penalties. Is the effect broken?

Nope. It's just that in EQ2, instead of penalties, food and drink are
bonuses.

Eat / drink one of each and start fighting to see the difference. Your out
of combat hit point / power regeneration will go through the roof. (It's
high normally, and eating / drinking doubles it.)

--
Davian - Wood Elf Warrior on Guk
Talynne - Half Elf Rogue on Guk

Dearic - Dwarven Warlord on E'ci
Talynne - Half Elf Assassin on E'ci

"Davian" <davian@nospammindspring.com> wrote in message

> "Rom Gin" <romulator@adelphia.net> wrote in message
> > I was level 10ish before I realized my auto drinking and eating was off.
> > But I never noticed any penalties. Is the effect broken?
>
> Nope. It's just that in EQ2, instead of penalties, food and drink are
> bonuses.
>
> Eat / drink one of each and start fighting to see the difference. Your
out
> of combat hit point / power regeneration will go through the roof. (It's
> high normally, and eating / drinking doubles it.)
>
> --
> Davian - Wood Elf Warrior on Guk
> Talynne - Half Elf Rogue on Guk
> Dearic - Dwarven Fighter on Mistmoore
>
> Dearic - Dwarven Warlord on E'ci
> Talynne - Half Elf Assassin on E'ci

Oh cool ! I'll have to check that when I play tonight. Thanks !

Rom

"Davian" <davian@nospammindspring.com> wrote in message

> "Rom Gin" <romulator@adelphia.net> wrote in message
>> I was level 10ish before I realized my auto drinking and eating was off.
>> But I never noticed any penalties. Is the effect broken?
>
> Nope. It's just that in EQ2, instead of penalties, food and drink are
> bonuses.
>
> Eat / drink one of each and start fighting to see the difference. Your
> out
> of combat hit point / power regeneration will go through the roof. (It's
> high normally, and eating / drinking doubles it.)
>
> --

Are there any special player made food/drink yet that will increase this
even more? Or are vendor sold ones any different aside from the time the
"full" effect lasts?

Patrik

"John Strong" <angrycornflake@NOSPAM.comcast.net> writes:

> "Davian" <davian@nospammindspring.com> wrote in message
> > Eat / drink one of each and start fighting to see the difference.
> > Your out of combat hit point / power regeneration will go through
> > the roof. (It's high normally, and eating / drinking doubles it.)
>
> Are there any special player made food/drink yet that will increase this
> even more? Or are vendor sold ones any different aside from the time the
> "full" effect lasts?

Different foods and drinks give different levels of regen, presumably
this applies to player made food as well. I don't know if you can
make better food than the really expensive vendor food, though, since
I've never enough money to test.