Ps3 wired win7 wired all on router help

Status
Not open for further replies.

pilgrum90

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2011
I'm currently looking to connect my ps3 through my router to connect with my win7 32bit for media server.

all my computers and even ps3 can hit the internet no prob.

prob begins when i want to connect to comp for media movies music etc...
i have Norton and have said my ps3 is trusted and can communicate with this comp....

but my computer refuses to see my ps3 via the router. If i did it with the wireless i wouldn't have this prob. but wireless is to slow for games and who wants to reset network setting just to watch a movie or then again to play a game.. Dumb dumb dumb so can any one give me the blow by blow beginning to end of this cause i am about to kill my self it's 2:30 in the morning and I've already had to reset my router once because I played with the link-layer network settings....... and it killed all my connections in the house from one computer..................

see hulk
see hulk smash
smash hulk smash

I know its flawed but who cares

Solution
I don't recall my ps3 ever showing up in windows, but my windows 7 pc definitely shows up on my PS3. I have no problems streaming video or pictures from my PC to my PS3. I don't think you can stream from the PS3 to the PC. Have you tried completely disabling Norton to eliminate it as a problem? Also, do you have windows media player 11 or higher set to share/stream audio and video content?
I don't recall my ps3 ever showing up in windows, but my windows 7 pc definitely shows up on my PS3. I have no problems streaming video or pictures from my PC to my PS3. I don't think you can stream from the PS3 to the PC. Have you tried completely disabling Norton to eliminate it as a problem? Also, do you have windows media player 11 or higher set to share/stream audio and video content?

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.