Giga-byte GA-7DXR

G

I need a copy of the installation CD that comes with this board. I won the bare board in an auction. Thought I was getting everything I needed. Guess not. Can anybody help me out? I would be willing to pay a reasonable fee. Thanks.

G

I've been to the giga-byte website. Even emailed them and they sent me links to some drivers for the board I had already found. Looking at the manual, once I get the OS loaded I am going to need drivers for the onboard soundblaster PCI and something called Easy Tune III and a couple of other goodies. Nothing to do with the bios. I've found those drivers.

G

I can make you a copy of the installation CD. In return, maybe you could help me with a problem I have encountered. I just built a new computer with the AMD-Athlon 1.4 and the GA-7DXR board. Everything works fine but when I go to the device manager, I get "?!" in front of System Management Bus. Windows98 can't find a driver for it on the installation CD and I don't know which one to install. Any suggestions? If you still need the CD, let me know how I can get it to you. Thanks.

G

Yes, please, I would like to have the CD. You can mail it to me. Email me @ gloliver@bigfoot.com and I will give you my address. I don't know how much data is on the CD. You could possibly even email it to me.
If not I will send you money for postage and your trouble once I get your address. But better send it to me privately and not post it here.
As for your problem I am afraid I can't give you any concrete advice only suggestions. I would go the the device manager and delete the offending item. Rebbot and give Windows another shot at it. Still, maybe the first thing you should do is to go to google.com and type in Universal Serial Bus Driver. There are a ton of links and maybe one can give you the info you need or at least give you an idea of the direction you need to go in. Look forward to hearing from you.