Software Boot/Reboot problems on EPoX 8K7A

G

I recently built a new computer with an EPoX 8K7A mobo, and whenever i try to reboot from anything other than the reboot switch on the front of the case, the computer stays on with no HDD/Floppy/CD action, and the monitor goes into suspended mode. so if i exit the bios, it does that, ctrl+alt+del during boot, and rebooting from windows do the same thing. shutting down is a little different. when i shut down in windows, the computer turns off, but when i turn it back on, it turns on in the "reboot state" with the suspended monitor, and i have to press the reboot button twice for it to boot. is this a mobo problem? i have KBPO disabled, could that be the problem?

G

Check bios/bios handbook for Power Management Setup options, or even go into bios and select the Load fail safe defaults or optimized defaults. Check your jumpers and the connections for front panel on the board just to be certain they are right.

Do you have the "postman option"?

Medication helps :smile:
<font color=blue>THG needs 2 change the sig' of the week errrr century!</font color=blue>

G

its an athlon 1.33 @ 266mhz w/ 256mb DDR ram. i dont see anything in the power management settings that would help, and i used failsafe on the first boot, just tweaking some other stuff, so i dont think thats it, and the POST meter stays at FF, so i dont think the postman will help.. :\