Lightning strike wipeout??or what!

G

Hey folks,
Hope someone can tell me what to do next. I have a FIC AZ11/AMD 750 tbird combo which ran fine until one of 4 things happened: 1-lightning strike, 2-overheat, 3-bios-level virus, 4-nevermind. When turned on the video starts, but the boot stops immediately at BootBlock bios v1.0, error messages, then fast hi-lo beep (like oh-oh!). I have access to the a: drive. I shorted the CMOS, tried again, then tried flashing the award bios and got error saying bios not flashable. I tried the sound card and net card in another computer and neither has indicated it works. I understand from reading that beeps at that point are most likely RAM error. I'm looking for software or Port 80 card also to use from this point. Where can I get? How's that for a story??!! Preciate any help--hope the problem's obvious to someone out there.

Try holding down the insert key when booting and hit the del key to try to get into the bios. If you get into the bios, try disabling the bios guardian. Then, when you reboot to your diskette, you will have to press the space bar when the system tells you that bios guardian is disabled in order to continue restarting your system without bios guardian. If you are successful in flashing the bios, after you finish loading the bios update, you can reboot and select "load fail safe defaults" and save. The bios guardian must be disabled when flashing the bios.