nick

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Hi. I still can not get SP2 on my IBM NetVista. It has a
legal copy of XP. I do have automatic update turned on.
When I go to the Windows update page, it will tell me
that all of my updates are installed. I know for a fact
that I do not have SP2 on that computer. The machine is 1
1/2 years old. Can anyone tell me why it won't let me
download SP2? Is there anywhere else I can get SP2?
(Ordering a CD will take 4-6 weeks).

Thanks! Nick

Like you, I wearied with the Automatic Updates'
incremental downloading of SP2 over my dial-up ISP
connection. So, I ordered the CD, but it took only about
1-2 weeks to receive it. Side note: If I know whereof I
speak, Automatic Updates is still downloading increments
of SP2, even though I have installed SP2 from the CD.
ReportingEvents - Notepad has one entry for 10/1/2004,
three entries for 10/2/2004 and one entry for 10/3/2004
If that isn't SP2, I certainly don't have any idea what
it might be. Look in that notepad under
C://Windows/SoftwareDistribution/ReportingEvents for
curiosity's sake.

Neil

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

although i have not installed yet you can get a copy on front of some pc
magzines on sale now.

"smg" wrote:

> Like you, I wearied with the Automatic Updates'
> incremental downloading of SP2 over my dial-up ISP
> connection. So, I ordered the CD, but it took only about
> 1-2 weeks to receive it. Side note: If I know whereof I
> speak, Automatic Updates is still downloading increments
> of SP2, even though I have installed SP2 from the CD.
> ReportingEvents - Notepad has one entry for 10/1/2004,
> three entries for 10/2/2004 and one entry for 10/3/2004
> If that isn't SP2, I certainly don't have any idea what
> it might be. Look in that notepad under
> C://Windows/SoftwareDistribution/ReportingEvents for
> curiosity's sake.

Hi

You can download the SP2 file (266 MBs) from here:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=049C9DBE-3B8E-4F30-8245-9E368D3CDB5A&displaylang=en

--

Will Denny
MVP - Windows Shell/User